WikiWomenCamp 2023 will be bringing together individuals who identify themselves as women from different countries of the Wikimedia movement, leaders of their respective communities and with strong experience and proven engagement with the gendergap topic. This year's theme is "Map Up, Rise Up".
The proposal was presented during Wikimania-Stockholm in 2019. The initial proposal was designed and grant request was submitted in 2020. The event could not be organized because of the Covid pandemic. This event is re-initiation of the same proposal with fresh review of current status, challenges, and needs.
|tadau pogulu do abaabayan|
Tudu do kim
We intend to provide an enriching experience and quality information, ideas and collaboration for participants to explore in the future. We are committed to bringing women from diverse backgrounds to join the three day program encompassing keynotes, presentations, workshops and discussions, focused on the roles and future of women in the movement along with a primary focus to bridge the gender gap. As gender gap is one of the identified priorities, this platform will help us plan the necessary actions and support required to expand the ongoing initiatives.
We hope to have a broad representation from around the world, with many experiences to be shared. As the mentorship really had a positive impact on Indian Women Wikimedians post “Wiki Women for Women Wellbeing” and “Women Train the Trainer” program, we wish to facilitate connections and mentorship opportunities for collaboration between the movement leaders with similar or complementary programs across the globe. This is expected to create a strong network of women across the globe and will also help in designing more impactful, mutually beneficial and multifaceted activities or programs.
From the pre-covid survey results, we could clearly see the expectations of the communities as there was a clear majority of preference to subjects like Gender gap in editor representation, leadership and online content. Along with this the other preferred areas of interest were editor (women) recruitment and retention, actions to combat harassment and creating efficient and responsive support groups. We will also offer Advance Wiki training like, evaluation of a program outcome, survey analysis, tools, etc.
That survey highlighted the common issues faced by Women Wikimedians across the globe, it necessitates the change in action plan. The statistics of the survey support planning and designing the future activities as per the Wikimedia – 2030 Movement Strategy Process.
We wish to create a group of like-minded people from diverse backgrounds and expertise, of people within the Wikimedia movement and other aligned organizations, who can learn from each other and not limiting the event to discussions merely on experiences, achievements and issues, but also to brainstorm for future by focusing on how we can expand the scope by designing new activities and action plan to reduce the gender gap in the content and movement.
New Delhi, India
- Kopolobusan foom' survey do pra-abaabayan - 07 Mansak 2023
- Panantaban do foom survey pra-abaabayan - 28 Mansak 2023
- Releasing the Community Engagement Survey 2 - 10 March 2023
- Closing the Community Engagement Survey 2 - 31 March 2023
- Scholarship form release date – 13 June 2023
- Scholarship form closing date – 4 July 2023
- Call for self-funded affiliates - 27 Madas 2023
- Call for trainers - 28 Madas 2023 - Closed
Follow us on Facebook – WikiWomenCamp
Data Privacy Statement : WWC 2023
Collection and Use of Personal Information
- Registration Information: When you register for the conference, we collect personal information such as your name, email address, organization, and country. This information is necessary for registration purposes and to provide you with updates and relevant information regarding the conference.
- Session Attendance: We may collect data on the sessions you attend during the conference. This information helps us understand attendee preferences and improve future events.
- Communication: We may contact you for feedback, surveys, or important updates related to the conference or future Wikimedia events. You may choose to unsubscribe from these communications at any time.
Data Security and Retention
- Confidentiality: We have implemented appropriate physical, technical, and organizational measures to safeguard your personal information against unauthorized access, loss, or alteration. We limit access to your personal information to authorized personnel who need it for the purposes mentioned above.
- Data Sharing: We do not sell, trade, or disclose your personal information to third parties unless required by law or with your explicit consent. However, we may share aggregated and anonymized data for statistical purposes.
- Data Retention: We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws and regulations.
- Access and Correction: You have the right to access and correct any personal information we hold about you. If you need assistance in doing so, please contact us using the details provided below.
- Data Deletion: You may request the deletion of your personal information. However, please note that certain legal obligations or legitimate interests may prevent immediate deletion.
- Consent Withdrawal: You may withdraw your consent for us to process your personal information at any time. This withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
If you have any questions, concerns, or requests related to your personal information or this Data Privacy Statement, please contact us via email at email@example.com
Updates to the Data Privacy Statement
This Data Privacy Statement may be updated periodically to reflect any changes in our practices or legal requirements. The revised version will be posted on our page and any significant changes will be communicated to you directly.
By participating in the Wiki Women Camp, you agree to the terms of this Data Privacy Statement.
We appreciate your trust and assure you that we will handle your personal information with utmost care and respect for your privacy.
Last Updated: 30th September 2023