Wiki World Heritage User Group/Governance
- Chair: Nassima Chahboun
- Vice Chair: Benoit Soubeyran
- Secretary: Habib M'henni
- Treasurer: Yamen Bousrih
- Members liaison: Imelda Brazal
- Governance advisor: Shani Evenstein
- Growth and partnerships advisor: Andrew Lih
- Wikidata advisor: Nicolas Vigneron
Article 1: Vision and objectives
- Ensuring the thorough documentation of World Heritage on Wikimedia projects, especially in countries with no affiliates.
- Ensuring the optimal use of the created content and fostering access to it.
- Fostering collaboration between the Wikimedia movement and Heritage institutions.
Designing thematic projects that target many countries, including those without affiliates. Finding local partners in countries without affiliates and assisting them to implement the projects. Creating web applications based on Wikimedia projects, allowing the creative use of content
Article 2: Members
Membership is open to anyone who supports the group mission, except for people who are banned under the Wikimedia Foundation’s Global Ban Policy.
To become a member, it is mandatory to fill the membership request form. Requests are automatically approved, except for the case of the global ban, as mentioned above.
The group organizes 4 categories of meetings:
- General assembly: held annually, to evaluate annual reports, and to elect the board members every 2 years. Quorum is achieved if at least 30% of the members are present.
- Monthly board meetings: held on the first weekend of each month to discuss potential decisions. Quorum is achieved if at least 3 members are present.
- Monthly members meetings: held on the second weekend of each month, to discuss the board decisions with the members and track the global evolution of activities.
- Working groups meetings: To be organized by the activities coordinators, with the presence of at least one board member.
The Chair will preside at all meetings of the members, and can be replaced by the vice-chair. The Secretary will act as secretary at all meetings of the members. In the absence of either, the Board will appoint acting officers at the meeting.
All meetings reports are published on the specified Meta page.
Votes are open for 7 days after the monthly meetings of the members. Each member will be entitled to one vote. Quorum is achieved if at least 30% of the members have voted. If not, the vote will be extended for 7 days.
Article 3: Board
3.1. Powers and number
The Board will have general power to control and manage the affairs of the User Group in accordance with the bylaws. The number of board members will be not less than 5 nor more than 7. The number of board members may be increased or decreased by amendment of these bylaws by a vote of a majority of the entire Board, followed by a vote of members when the vote of the Board is positive. No decrease will shorten the term of any incumbent board member.
3.2. Elections and term
Board members will be elected to two-year terms at the General Assembly by a plurality vote of the members present at the General Assembly.
Terms begin at the General Assembly.
Any existing board members may be re-elected.
The officers of the Board may consist of:
- Chair: The Chair will oversee the work of the User Group and preside at all meetings of the Board. In the Chair’s absence, the Vice-Chair will preside.
- Vice-Chair: In the event of the absence of the Chair, the Vice-Chair will preside at meetings and oversee the work of the User Group.
- Secretary: The Secretary will act as secretary of each meeting of the Board, and prepare the annual report of User Group activities.
- Treasurer: The Treasurer will keep financial records up to date, should the User Group receive funds, and will prepare the annual report of User Group finances.
- Members liaison: The membership liaison ensures communication between the Board and the members through sharing announcements and reminders on the Group communication channels.
Up to 3 advisors can be selected by the Board. Advisors should be experienced Wikimedians that can bring added value to the Board decisions in specific fields.
Any board member may resign at any time by giving written notice to the Chair or Secretary. The resignation will take effect at the time specified in the notice, and, unless otherwise specified, the acceptance of the resignation will not be necessary to make it effective.
Any officer elected or appointed by the Board may be removed from their officer role by the vote of a majority of the Board.
Article 4: Amendments
These bylaws may be amended at any time by a vote of the majority of Board members, followed by a vote of members when the vote of the Board is positive.
These Bylaws were adopted by the Board on 4 July 2021.