Jump to navigation Jump to search
Hypothetical sample pages inspired by
|This page is a proposal for a new Wikimedia Foundation Sister Project.|
|What is the proposed name for the project?||Wikicreate|
|Proposed project tagline||"Art for art's sake."|
What is the project purpose? What will be its scope? How would it benefit to be part of Wikimedia?
|This is an inclusive proposal consisting of several other already-existing Wikimedia-project proposals on Metawiki, namely to design a free open-source repository of collaboratively-developed creative works that anyone can edit, modify, or redistribute. Creative works would include visual artwork, 3D models, music, lyrics, poetry, fiction (stories, novels, plays, etc.), videos/films, choreographies, recipes, etc. Contributions to Wikicreate can be modified or forked into further contributions, particularly with story/play plots and musical pieces. Pre-existing public-domain creative content from Wikisource or Wikimedia Commons can be further modified and forked within the project, as well as having entirely new works of art, music, literature, film, etc. created.|
|How many wikis?
Will there be many language versions or just on one multilingual wiki?
|How many languages?
Is the project going to be in one language or in many?
|All languages. First wiki in English, then additional languages added as needed.|
|Proposed project website address|
|Proposed logo for the project|
If the project requires any new features that the MediaWiki software currently doesn't have, please describe in detail. Are additional MediaWiki extensions needed for the project?
|Multimedia support. Markup for music and dance notations, graphic design software, video editor and player, midi compositor, sound database, 3D design and renderer.|
|Interested participants||Nicole Sharp|
Subprojects of Wikicreate
Each subproject would then be further categorized by genre (e.g. electronic music, science fiction, hip-hop choreography, etc.)
- (literary arts:)
- Wikicreate Fiction (formats: free open-source wikitext)
- Wikicreate Poetry (formats: wikitext)
- (visual arts:)
- Wikicreate Visual Arts (formats: image files and/or 3D-model files)
- (audiovisual arts:)
- Wikicreate Film (formats: free open-source wikitext screenplays and/or free open-source editable video footage)
- Wikicreate Music (formats: free open-source editable audio files, wikitext lyrics, music notation, and/or music markup language)
- (performance arts:)
- Wikicreate Choreography (formats: free open-source dance choreographies using video and/or a dance notation such as labanotation)
- Wikicreate Theatre (formats: wikitext plays and/or video footage of plays)
- (culinary arts:)
- Wikicreate Recipes (formats: wikitext recipes and/or video footage of cooking)
Hypothetical sample pages inspired by
[[wikisource:en:Alice in Wonderland]]:
[[fiction:The New Adventures of Alice (fifth fork)#Chapter 7]]
[[poetry:No Cats for Alice (second fork)#Inspiration]]
[[music:No Cats for Alice#Lyrics]]
[[music:No Cats for Alice#Notation]]
[[music:file:No Cats for Alice (remix 3).aup]]
[[choreography:No Cats for Alice#Labanotation]]
[[choreography:file:No Cats for Alice (live performance 2).webm]]
[[film:The New Adventures of Alice#Synopsis]]
[[film:The New Adventures of Alice#Screenplay]]
[[film:file:The New Adventures of Alice (animated film).webm]]
[[art:file:Alice (The New Adventures of Alice).blend]]
[[recipes:Alice catcakes (second fork)]]
[[recipes:file:Alice catcakes (second fork).webm]]
Interaction with other Wikimedia projects
- Wikiversity and Wikibooks would provide textbooks and classes on how to create works of art (e.g. vector graphics, 3D modeling, remixing music, novel-writing, etc.).
- Wikisource would provide public-domain works of literature that can be edited and forked into new stories and novels within Wikicreate.
- Wikimedia Commons would provide public-domain photographs, graphics, and videos that can be modified and edited into new works of art within Wikicreate.
- Wikipedia articles can provide starting points for certain works, e.g. an alternative-history novel might begin by changing facts from a Wikipedia history article.
- (Part of the scope of Wikicreate Recipes already exists under the Wikibooks project.)
- Wikimusic II
- Nicole Sharp (talk) 17:14, 11 October 2015 (UTC)
- Kcida10 (talk)
- Satdeep Gill (talk) 18:53, 30 December 2015 (UTC)
- Ślimaczek (talk) 15:03, 4 January 2016 (UTC)
- Championtalken-wiki 10:21, 16 July 2016 (UTC)
- Jayprakash12345 (talk) 14:33, 22 February 2017 (UTC)