Wikigraphists Bootcamp (2018 India)/Program/Main Event/Logistics Information
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The agenda for the main event can be seen at: Wikigraphists Bootcamp (2018 India)/Program/Main Event.
Friendly Space Policy applicable.
Event Completed KCVelaga (talk) 07:35, 4 October 2018 (UTC)
- Kindly go through the online sessions, if you have missed any. If you have time, you are suggested to watch them again–just to refresh your learning.
- Kindly try to create at least one SVG (even a translated one) before the main event. This help you to understand the tools well, and you'll a great learning experience.
- Kindly decide one SVG that you intend to work on during the main event. Please exclude translated versions or simple tracings.
- School of Design, Ambedkar University Delhi
- Address: Near Old Delhi Railway Station, Lothian Road, Kashmere Gate, New Delhi, Delhi 110006
- Map location: https://goo.gl/maps/Evv3DdbMRn42
- Contact: +91-11-23863740/43
- Once you reach the hotel, please tell the receptionist that you're there for a "Wikipedia event", that should take care of everything
- Hotel Tara Palace, Daryaganj
- Double-sharing for Deluxe Rooms; Triple-sharing for Super Deluxe Rooms
- Address: 4606, Street no. 13, Opp. Happy School, Daryaganj, New Delhi 110002
- Map location: https://goo.gl/maps/S15Wh8gAaxt
- Contact: +91-011-23276767, 23286767, 43382424
- If you're travelling by flight, please retain your onward boarding pass, and submit it to a concerned person at the event.
- Ola/Uber or any other travel service can be used to reach to the hotel from the arrival points.
- If you're arriving almost at the same time with other participants, you will be informed accordingly. You may come together to the hotel.
- For travel between the venue and accommodation, cabs will be used. This option has been opted because hiring a mini-bus for three days is costing too much (It was said to be around ₹25,000, which is way too high, as this can be done using cabs within ₹10,000).
- For easy coordination and to avoid confusion, the participants are advised to travel in groups of three, however, there is no compulsion.
- Since we intend to start the sessions by 8:30 am, you're advised to start from the hotel by 8:00 am. The distance between hotel and venue is 3.5 km, it roughly takes around 10 min, and it is a 10 min walk from the university main-gate to the workshop location.
- Vegetarian breakfast + dishes with egg are provided at the hotel. It'll be ready to be served from 7:00 am every day.
- Participants will be given choices to select their meal box with any additions as required, during the day.
- Dinner will be served at the hotel.
- Snacks may include Samosa/Biscuits/Cake + Tea/Coffee, served twice a day.
Photography and Videography
- With regards to the Friendly Space Policy, participants are requested to observe the lanyards before photo or videographing a person.
Case Lanyard colour Visual indication OK with photography and videography in all cases Grey OK with photography and videography where I am not the primary subject (For example, group photos) Yellow Not OK with both photography and videography in any case Red
- User:Indrajitdas will be officially recording the sessions of the program, for later use. The recording will be focused on the screen.
- Other guidelines are to be followed as mentioned the Friendly Space Policy and Do's & Dont's sheet.
- Any travel, food or other expenses, incurred in relation with the event, will be reimbursed accordingly.
- Please keep all bills safe until you receive the reimbursement.
- Reimbursement claims can be submitted from 8 October 2018 to 21 October 2018. They will be processed by 20 November 2018.
- Weather (27–30 September 2018)
- Temperature may range between 23o C and 34o C, please bring your clothing accordingly.
- If you have any medical complications or allergies, please inform the organisers and check the food before you eat.