The Dar es Salaam City is mostly covered by sand soils. It is divided into three ecological zones, namely the upland zone comprising the hilly areas to the West and North of the Dar es salaam City. It also comprises the middle plateau, and the lowlands including Msimbazi Valley, Jangwani, Mtoni, Africana, Kimbiji, Kitunda and Ununio areas. The main natural vegetation includes Coastal shrubs, Miombo woodlands, and Coastal Swamps and Mangrove trees. There are two main rainy seasons, the short rainy season between October and December while a long rainy season between March and May. Rainfall ranges between 800 mm to 1,300 mm annually. The climatic condition is highly influenced by the South Westerly monsoon winds between November and March.
People you may know
About Wikimedia Tanzania
- The Wikimedia Tanzania is a registered office in Tanzania with the headquarters in Dar es Salaam and being given a certificate number 111959 of 10th October 2014,the object for which the Wikimedia Tanzania Chapter Limited is established are:
- To create awareness, support and participation of free content projects (such as Wikimedia) in the local community;
- To engage in a wide range of educational initiatives teaching how to use and contribute to free content projects at all levels of the local community;
- To expand access and use free content projects at all levels of the local community;
- To carry promotion of free content development in local cultural institutions;
- To provide a forum for knowledge sharing among contributors to free content projects;
- To develop and lead initiatives for the expansion of educational content under a free license or in public domain;
Non-WIKI Related Reasons to meet in Dar es Salaam
We need education on implementing the Wikimedia Projects as a basic foundation, if all Africans have a foundation this means the World have a foundation, it's now a time to express our visions to Wikimedia because we need it to be active in our continent, that's why we engaged on it, This is the burden of Wikimedia Foundation to expand it's project or to demoralize it self, it's also to find reasons of up and down to participants as explained here below it will support and helps this free opportunity of education access, which is in the line with the message of wiki projects. Symbolically, hosting Wikimania 2015 in Dar es Salaam,Tanzania regardless of experience or inexperienced hooping the Jury's would help to show the reality that Wikipedia stands for all in pursuing of knowledge and making a move together.