Algeria Wikimedians UG
The Wikimedia Algeria User Group is a local User Group of the Wikimedia Foundation. Its mission is to promote the Wikimedia Foundation and its projects in Algeria. One of its core missions is to aid and encourage people to collect, develop and disseminate knowledge and other educational, cultural and historic content in the public domain or other licenses that allows everyone to freely using the knowledge, distribute and modify said content without paid.
Important : WikiDZ does not host or edit Wikipedia or any of the other projects of the Wikimedia Foundation. The User group has no control over these sites and does not intervene on their content.
- Mostaganem, Algeria
Promote and make known in Algeria the many different projects of the Wikimedia Foundation.
Roles that Algerian Wikimedians User Group would play
- Promotion: Promotion of Wikimedia projects and Free content in general. To encourage the use of Wikimedia resources in education (at cultural centres, associations and Universities)
- Recruitment: To recruit contributors at Wikimedia projects. This may involve some presentations and workshop on the use of Mediawiki interface.
- Social: Organization meetings, excursion to discover collaborative work and volunteering for everyone to enjoy the open knowledge
- Research: With a local User Group, research should be easier. The User Group can work together to gather informations on a range of topics not currently covered to enlarge and enrich the algerian content.
- Algerian WikiProjects in Wikipedia's different laguages, such as : (AR, FR & EN)
- Images (Commons.wikimedia)
- Wikivoyage / Wikivoyage / ويكي الرحلات (Develop the Algerian content)
- Wikisource / Wikisource / ويكي مصدر (Wikisource) (add Algerian sources)
- Incubator to develop new local wikis (Wikipedia, Wikitionary, ...etc.)
To talk on the project, it's in French and it goes here
- August, 5th 2014 Awareness of the necessity to establish a User Group instead of a chapter
- September, 26th 2014 The group is created and the discussions begin