Wikimedia Belgium/The Illustrated and Annotated Activity List of Wikimedia Belgium
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Below an overview of our activities from January 2010 to 2014. See https://be.wikimedia.org/wiki/Activities for a current list.
We are available to give more information on each activity, including the involved organisers and volunteers.
- July 2010, lobbying for our chapter during Wikimania Gdansk
- Wikimeets in September and December*
WLM 2011 Jury was chaired by Michiel Hendryckx
- January 2011, celebrating 10 years of Wikipedia in the Hackerspace in Ghent
- March - Wikimeet Ghent*
- July - Wikimeet Ghent - preparations for WLM
- August 3 - start up meeting WLM, Ghent
- August - lobbying events during Wikimania Haifa
- August 27 - Project: categorization of Belgian heritage, meeting in Brugge
- September-November - organization of Wiki Loves Monuments 2011 and its Awards Session at the KIK-IRPA, the Belgian Royal Institute for Cultural Heritage
- September 15 - Upload marathon Ghent
- September 30 - Upload marathon Brussels
- October 14 and 19 - online discussion on WLM judging
- October 22 - Judging Session in Mechelen
- November 5 - lobbying for WM BE at Wikimedia conferentie Netherlands
- November 10 - Award Session at offices of the KIK-IRPA
- April 21 - Wikipedia Café Meeting in Ghent*
- April - Presentation of WLM and Wikimedia at the Café Numérique in Brussels
- July 1 - statutes discussion meeting (also) in the Hackerspace in Brussels
- August 17 - Wikimedia meet-up in Hermalle-sous-Huy. During this meeting the Wikimedia BE Twitter account is started
- September-November - organization of WikiLovesMonuments 2012 and its Awards Session at the KIK-IRPA, the Belgian Royal Institute for Cultural Heritage
- October 16 and November 19 - discussion meetings with OKFN (Open Knowledge Foundation)
- November 9 - Participation conference Wikimedia Nederland WCN 2013 (Geert, Jos, Romaine)
- November 30 - Meeting with Lodewijk at KIK-IRPA about Founding Wikimedia Belgium with Antoine, Romaine, Ward, Robby, Geert, Jos
- December 8 - Presenting Wikimedia and discussion participation at CC-be Relaunch. Since then close collaboration with CC-be and the CC European Coordinators (based in Ghent and Berlin)
Sept 30, 'Last Participation Day': Bribing possible contestants with not just a beer. Only in Belgium!
- March - Wikipedia atelier (workshop) at Mundaneum in Mons (educating staff, proposing exposition with QRpédia)
- April 16 - Approval of the chapter Start-up Grant agreement
- April - Kickoff meeting of the Free Knowledge Advocacy Group EU in Brussels
- April - Annual Big Fat Brussels Meeting co-organised with other chapters
- May 21 - Presentation for Flemish cultural institutions in Brussels about Wikipedia, Wikimedia and doing projects with Wikimedia.
- May 26 - Wikipedia Cafe Antwerp*
- June 10 - WLM project set up. Preparation of the WLM grant request. Assessing which parties will participate this year.
- June 5 - Support of the legal advisors (VSDC) on our statutes and the internal regulations of the association(RIO)
- June 29 - WWI edit-a-thon in Leuven
- June 29 - Discussion on the steps forward with the WLM project team. Meeting the volunteers.
- July 3 - 'Finalizing' our bylaws and request formal candidate founders
- July 10 - Grant Request for the organisation of WLM BeLux is approved
- July 17 - meeting KIK-IRPA on the organisation of WLM (venue, reception & drinks, determining date)
- August 14 - WLM Social Media day
- August 22 - meeting Herita on collaboration with WLM
- September 4 - meeting legal advisors on WMBE statutes
- September 7 - kick-off meeting. Meeting new contributors, explaining the rules, sharing tips and tricks. Meeting at the Halles Saint-Géry, Brussels.
- September 9 - Start of the #WikiOpVerzoek action (English: #WikiOnRequest) on the WM BE Twitter account. This hashtag is used to reply to people commenting on errors or inapropriate texts on Wikipedia (after correction of the errors off course!)
- September 23 - Team meeting
- September 23 - Fashion edit-a-thon, Antwerp, organized together with Fashion Museum Antwerp and image donation to Commons of museum
- September 28 - upload marathon in Ghent. We explored the historical inner city of Ghent, en took additional pictures. We met and exchanged experiences. WM BE was discussed, too. The meeting resulted in a serious spike in uploads.
- September 30 - Last WLM participation day. Online rally to convince people to upload their last and best images.
- October 3 - WLM Judging information session in Ghent
- October 13 -“Mois de la contribution en Bruxelles” (Collaboration Month in Brussels)
- October 22 - WLM Final judging session in Ghent
- October 22 - Ada Lovelace Day 2013 edit-a-thon in Brussels
- October 23 - Preparation of WLM Award Session
- October 24 - Ideafest on Open Science (Alberto, Geert) - Speech Jimmy Wales - 
- October 27 - “Mois de la contribution en Bruxelles” with interview on national broadcaster RTBF interview
- November 2 - Participation (Alberto, Dimi, Geert) at Wikimedia Nederland, WCN 2013
- November 5 - Team meeting finalising the Wikimedia Belgium statutes
- November 5 - Award session at the Royal Institute at the Cinquantenaire, Brussels. Talks by the director of the institute, the organisors, the jury. Awarding the prices. Reception where we approached new members
- November 12 - Wrapping up WLM
- December 6 - Meeting with WMBE Carolynne Schloeder (Alberto, Dimi, Geert, Romaine)
- January - Start of negotiations with the Bulgarian “Dossier Commission on State Security” about a release and digitalisation collaboration project (European Parliament event in Brussels)
- January-March - Together with FKAGEU and the WMF we worked on the European Commission copyright consultation
- February 01-02 - Support WMF presence at FOSDEM, ULB Campus Solbosch, Brussels & presentation of Wikimedia chapters with own stand
- February 02-06 - Wikipedians in European Parliament: photography and editing project about members of the European Parliament.
- March 8 - Founding preparation meeting WMBE (Alberto, M0tty, Geert, Romaine)
- April - Big Fat Brussels Meeting vol. 2 - co-organised and co-hosted by WMBE volunteers
- April 23 - Talk to governmental officials: 'Wikipedians in Residence and Open Data File'
- April 24 - Event together with UNESCO Mass Digitization and Open Access to Cultural Heritage in Brussels
- As of May 29, the Wikimedia BE Twitter account posted 276 posts and has 298 followers
- June 11 - present at pro-iBiosphere Final Event Meise (Brussels) (link/photos/Wikimedia workshop)
- June 17 - "KMnet Ontdekkingsdag - Virtuele samenwerking" - Presentation to Belgian federal government and discussion about future collaboration
- July 2 - Team meeting (one of the announcements)
- September - Collaboration meeting digital collections at Museum Plantin Moretus in Antwerp
- September-November - Wiki Loves Monuments 2014
An asterisk (*) denotes a non programmatic activity. Full details of these activities can be found in the "The SECRET Illustrated and Annoted Activity List of Wikimedia Belgium".