- Nepali Wikipedia Celebrations Exhilarate Rajbiraj Youth
A brief, one-paragraph summary of the post's content, about 20-80 words. On the blog, this will be shown in the chronological list of posts or in the featured post carousel on top, next to a "Read more" link.
- A group of four Wikipedians from Nepal - Biplab Anand, Bijay Chaurasia,Tulsi Bhagat, Jitendra Sah and Krishna Kumar Deo ignited the spirit of Wikipedia Celebrations in Rajbiraj, a midsized munciptality in the Eastern Zone of Nepal.
As part of the 13th anniversary of Nepali Wikipedia, a group of Wikipedians from Nepal led by Biplab Anand, Bijay Chaurasia,Tulsi Bhagat, Jitendra Sah and Krishna Kumar Deo decided to commerate the event in Rajbiraj, a muncipality in the Eastern Zone of Nepal. The event was supported by group of local volunteers Pukar Mandal, Arjun Gupta, Abhijit Periwal and Kiran Kumar Sah. This was the first such Wikipedia Celebration in Rajbiraj.
A great moment of excitement among the participants was the fact that the Nepali Wikipedia has now surpassed 28,000 articles during the last twelve years and is gearing up for a 30,000 articles in the near future.
During the meeting, the participants resolved:
- To expand the articles base.
- To improve the quality of the articles.
- To upload images showcasing Nepal's religion and culture.
- To enlist Wikipedians from diverse walks of life.
- To Plan Editathons
- To extend support to Nepali as well as Wikipedias in other languages of Nepal such as Maithili and Newari.
The participants announced a special online editathon "Vishwa Sampadathan" (article writing competition about World Heritage Sites) between 15 June to 15 July. The aim of this event is to enrich the articles on World Heritage Sites on Nepali Wikipedia.
The event ended with an informal session in which each of the participants was part of a ceremonial cake party. The event was reported in Rajbiraj Today, News Today and Aajko Waatawaran newspapers of Nepal.
Syed Muzammiluddin, Indian Wikimedian.
Ideas for social media messages promoting the published post:
(Tweet text goes here - max 117 characters) '''Rajbiraj Youth take lead in celebrating 13 years of Nepali Wikipedia.''' ---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|------/