Wikimedia Blog/Drafts/What did the Odia Wikimedia community did in 2015
This page is currently a draft. More information pertaining to this may be available on the talk page.Translation admins: Normally, drafts should not be marked for translation.
- What did the Odia Wikimedia community did in 2015?
- An annual round-up of the Odia Wikimedia community for the year 2015
A brief, one-paragraph summary of the post's content, about 20-80 words. On the blog, this will be shown in the chronological list of posts or in the featured post carousel on top, next to a "Read more" link.
- During 2015, Odia Wikimedia community has worked on many different aspects; from community building to content acquisition and copyright migration of copyrighted work to free licenses. With various community building in place, the community has maintained a consistency in contribution across three active projects; Wikipedia, Wikisource and Wiktionary.
- Content acquisition and relicensing under free licenses
Their noble effort of taking popular science to the state board schools resulted in many workshops for the students to have fun with science and the teachers to learn new methodology to teach science. Almost all the workshops led to publications so that those missing the workshops would not miss the real value imparted. Their science magazine Bigyan Taranga came months after months until they became the victim of the sinking state of Odia publications. One thing led to another and they finally had to stop publishing books. But right that they identified that there exits literally concept of digitizing books in Odia. Many were already perished but they started saving some by starting a huge digitization project in collaboration with..
- Individual authors: Jagannath Prasad Das, Binay Pattnaik,
- Community collaboration
In organizing activities,
- Analyzing and assessing needs
- Community surverys
Subhashish, Wikimedian and Programme Officer, Centre for Internet and Society's Access To Knowledge (CIS-A2K)
Ideas for social media messages promoting the published post:
(Tweet text goes here - max 117 characters) ---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|------/