Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2016/Programme/Submissions/Dos and Dont's in volunteer projects from an Austrian point of view
Name(s) and/or username(s)
- Kopetzky, Philip User:Philip Kopetzky
- Garad, Claudia User:Claudia.Garad
- Wikimedia Austria (WMAT)
- Project management training: communication, organizing events
- Project management: surveys, metrics, reporting
- Project management: grants/funding
Type of submission (Please choose one)
- Presentation (one-to-many)
- Open discussion (many-to-many)
In the presentation we will talk about key findings from organising and funding volunteer projects in Austria in the last four years and our process for helping volunteers to establish and manage a project and what we expect from a project after it was (successfully) concluded. Depending on the specific needs voiced by CEE attendees, we can also alter the presentation to include helpful examples. We will also talk about learning patterns. The second half of the session is dedicated to having an open discussion about what some of the common problems are and talking about the best solution for those issues.
The outcome we are aiming for would be to make people feel more confident about managing projects themselves and establishing a plattform where issues with projects can be discussed and solved online.
Duration (without Q&A)
20 minutes for the presentation, 20-40 minutes of open discussion (depending on which time slot is available)
Video projector required - Claudia will also be doing a simpleshow workshop and Philip will be organising a CEE Spring session with Nikola.
Slides or further information
Interested attendees (Please add yourself, and you may indicate your questions to the presenter).
- --アンタナナ 19:59, 15 July 2016 (UTC)
- --Lord Bumbury (talk) 19:41, 18 July 2016 (UTC)
- Polimerek (talk) 08:21, 19 July 2016 (UTC)