Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2016/Programme/Submissions/Ethnography of the Carpathians
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ethnography of the Carpathians
Name(s) and/or username(s)
- Tomasz Ganicz, User:Polimerek
- Wikimedia Polska
- Retaining volunteers / How to get editors to become Wikimedians?
- WMF grant system
Type of submission (Please choose one)
- Presentation (one-to-many)
Ethnography of the Carpathians is an internatial project - a mix of typical GLAM project with Wikiexpedition.
The goal of the project is to collect bibliography, source material, photo and audiovisual material on authentic folklore of the region, make it available on Wikimedia Commons – and use it for better coverage of related articles on Wikipedia. Teams consisting of Wikipedians, ethnographers from the National Museum of Ethnography in Warsaw, and volunteers will travel to several Central European destinations in order to document folk culture in Wikipedias and Wikimedia Commons. As the first trip is planned for 14-19 August - I will briefly present the results of the trip + describe plans for 2016 and 2017.
- Gaining local wikipedians to join the project.
- Inspiration for other chapters to do similar projects.
Duration (without Q&A)
- 15 min
Slides or further information
- Grants:PEG/WMPL/Ethnography of the Carpathians
- Carpathian Ethnography Project
- File:Ethnographapy of Carpathans 2016.pdf
Interested attendees (Please add yourself, and you may indicate your questions to the presenter).
- --Lord Bumbury (talk) 19:32, 18 July 2016 (UTC)
- --Spasimir (talk) 18:13, 19 July 2016 (UTC)
- --Γλαύκος (talk) 08:06, 20 July 2016 (UTC)