Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2016/Programme/Submissions/Wikipedia & Medicine Part 2: A Collaborative Workshop
Title of your proposal
Wikipedia & Medicine Part 2: A Collaborative Workshop
Name(s) and/or username(s)
- Shani, Evenstein Sigalov, User:Esh77
- WikiProject Medicine, Wikipedia Education Collaborative, Wikimedia Israel
- Wikipedia & Medicine
Type of submission (Please choose one)
This session is about enhancing the work done in the CEE in regards to medical content in Wikipedia & Wikimedia Projects. Since the CEE has a vast experience and successful collaborations with both GLAMs and Educational institutions, this session aims to expand these collaborations to include working with medical institutions and harnessing medical students & faculty to work with our community. The session has been divided into two parts: Part 1 - a presentation; Part 2 - a collaborative workshop. Each part was submitted separately, to allow flexibility in participation.
Part 1 focuses on an overview of what is happening worldwide, available resources and lessons learned worldwide. Assuming we have a group of interested members, part 2 will build on part 1 and will focus on what can be done in the CEE in the coming year. The collaborative workshop will open with mapping what is already happening in the CEE and whether there are specific needs and challenges in the area. Throughout the workshop participants will collaboratively identify areas of interest and set realistic goals for the coming year. This part will include working in small groups to create action items, after which the groups will reconvene to share conclusions.
- Form a small group of CEE members interested in medical content
- Map what is already happening in the CEE
- Identify realistic goals for the coming year
Duration (without Q&A)
- Total for part 2 = 90 minutes.
- Might also present in EDU sessions.
- For part 2 - a projector, internet connection, flip chart, sticky papers in different colors, pens.