Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2017/Programme/Submission/Trials and Tribulations of Wikimedia Austria
Title of your proposal
Trials and Tribulations of Wikimedia Austria
Name(s) and/or username(s)
- Claudia Garad, User:Claudia.Garad
- Wikimedia Austria, Executive Director
- Philip Kopetzky, User:Philip Kopetzky
- Wikimedia Austria, Board member
- Management practices in Wikimedia affiliates (incl. grants funding and reporting)
Type of submission (Please choose one)
- Presentation (one-to-many)
This session focusses on the challenges that Wikimedia Austria has been (and in some cases still is) facing from its inception to the present day. The examples shown should provide other affiliates with the knowledge that building a stable, effective, and learning organisation in the Wikiverse is an ongoing process and neither simple nor does it come without its fair set of challenges - be it in the form of getting the community behind the organisation, setting up good governance rules, or dealing with the WMF and its bodies.
User groups and other affiliates are aware of the challenges of building an organisation and are motivated to improve and grow their respective affiliates.
Duration (without Q&A)