Date: Thursday, June 18, 2009
Time: 01:00 UTC (6:00 PDT, 7:00 MDT, 7:00 CST, 8:00 CDT, 9:00 EDT, 10:00 ADT, 10:30 NDT)
Venue: Skype text chat.
Review of proposed by-laws, questions and comments about them, settle any outstanding disagreements about sections. Discussion and possible vote of which 3-4 people will be on the initial application and who's address will be used as the legal address for the organization. We'll all work together until the first general meeting, but we need some people to be on the articles of incorporation. Open questions and comments about anything else we need to do before submitting bylaws to the chapters committee for approval.
We will not be finalizing the proposal to the WMF as originally planed, as reviews by KenWalker and Eclecticology have found some outstanding problems that will yet take a while to fix. Nevertheless, I would like to keep our meeting tonight to discuss:
- Who's names to put on the articles of incorporation and in what province our address will be as per bill C-4 (2nd s, 40th p). These names are open to change, and the names chosen will not confer extra powers to those people, but I think it would be useful to have some official faces, both for outsider questions and for helping commit people to the project.
- Our statements of purpose. This needs some reworking and I think it might be useful to discuss them in chat in addition to on the talk page like we are doing for legal fixes.
- Making sure that everyone is on the same page regarding what legal documents we are checking the bylaws against (reviewers keep finding new laws we have to follow, arg).
- Questions and comments from new people to the project.
- Overview of submittal process to WMF (more on that next meeting when the bylaws are done).
If you would like to volunteer to write the minutes, mention it in the notes section below.
|Jeffery Nichols||Arctic.gnome||Skype: arctic.gnome
|St. John's, NL|
|Ken Walker||KenWalker||Skype: kgw_qualicum||Qualicum Beach, BC|
|Benoit Desrochers||Antaya||Skype: antaya.le.pouceux||Montréal, QC|
|Gerald A||HistoryBuff||Skype:||Toronto, Ontario|
|Wayne Ray||WayneRay||Skype: waynescottray||London, Ontario|
Not attending, but interested
|Ian Bailey||Ian_Bailey||IRC: yanstheman||Toronto, Ontario|
|Andrew Leung||OhanaUnited||Skype:||Richmond Hill, Ontario||Can't make it due to midterm exam|
February 11, 2009
|WMC Tenth Formal Formation Meeting
June 18, 2009