Wikimedia Canada is a non-profit organization committed to the growth, development, and distribution of free educational material and media. It acts as the official Wikimedia chapter for Canada. The association was incorporated on 10 November 2010 under the name "Wiki Canada" and does business under the name Wikimedia Canada in English and Wikimédia Canada in French. It was recognized as a chapter by the Wikimedia Foundation on 24 May 2011.
See our website at ca.wikimedia.org.
Board of Directors
In 2016, the Wikimedia Canada Board of Directors officially is:
- Alan Walker — President & chair
- Benoit Rochon (email) — Vice-president & vice-chair, GLAM project manager
- Ernest Boucher (email) — Treasurer
- Jeffery Nichols (email) — Secretary
- Prosenjit Lahiry — Legal adviser
- Nathalie Casemajor (email)
- Patrick Paul