ארגון אגודות ויקימדיה/מזכיר-כללי
|This page is currently a draft.|
More information pertaining to this page may be available on the talk page.
|WCA – index|
מזכיר כללי של ארגון אגודות ויקימדיה
Mission of the Wikimedia Chapters Association
The WCA is an umbrella organization for Wikimedia chapters established in various regions around the world. The association represents the common interests of those chapters within the Wikimedia movement. One of its goals is to set, review and enforce standards of accountability and participation among its members. The association will facilitate the exchange of experiences, ideas, and knowledge between chapters and assist them in their organizational development and to develop common programs and projects.
The Secretary-General is to be head of the organization as defined in the charter section C. The selected Secretary-General will be responsible for:
- Defining the organizational structure, publishing job offers and hiring the officers of the secretariat;
- Building the strategic plan for the association;
- Assuring the financial stability of the organization;
- Coordinating between all association members;
- Building annual program plans to achieve the WCA mission;
- Handling all formal administrative tasks including finance, communications, legal and technical;
- and preparing the assemblies of the WCA council.
Desired personal traits
- Leader – the selected Secretary-General will have to build the organization from its earliest stages according to the outlines set by the WCA council.
- Administrator – most of the tasks of the Secretary-General would be of administrative nature. They would have to write detailed program plans, review bylaws, financial reports, program plans and program reports of other organizations.
- Excellent communication skills – one of the Secretary-General's primary tasks would be to communicate with member chapters. Those chapters are dispersed in different regions of the worlds representing various cultural habits. The selected Secretary-General would have to be multi-culturally-minded to work effectively with these partners.
- Willing and able to travel world-wide.
- Proven experience with building and managing a large diverse organization.
- Experience in other like-minded/international/volunteer-driven/non-profit/peer-review-driven organizations would be considered as an advantage.
- Must be fluent in English; skill in other languages would be considered as an advantage.
The Wikimedia Chapters Association council.
- Publish job description
- Select an HR company
- Select a community-driven subcommittee (4–5 people) for selecting the SG.
- Interview initial candidates via Skype to create a shortlist.
- Interview in person the people on the shortlist.