Wikimedia Community User Group Sri Lanka/Assets
WMF-funded photographic equipment is available for use by members of usergroup. Members of this usergroup who are active for the past 6 months with a global edit count of more than 500 edits, and without any history of blocks/disciplinary actions are encouraged to make use of the equipment to improve the coverage and quality of Wikipedia/Wikimedia related topics. Wikimedians visiting Sri Lanka are also encouraged make to use of the available equipment.
The table at the end of the page serves as the usage logbook for editors using equipment that belong to Wikimedia Community User Group Sri Lanka. When not in use, the equipment is stored at User:Rehman's residence (current custodian) in Colombo.
|Make and model||Details||Purchase information||Serial #|
|Nikon Coolpix P900||83x Optical Zoom Lens, with in-built Wifi and GPS.||2017-02-18 - Source - LKR 87,500|
|Nikon EN-EL23||3.8V 1850 mAh 7.1Wh|
|Nikon EH-73P||Direct charging AC Adapter. Comes with a socket conversion head, and USB cable.||NA|
|Sandisk Extreme 32GB||Sandisk Extreme 32GB. SDHC UHS-I. C10, U3, V30. 90 MB/s.||2017-02-18 - Source - LKR 8,500|
|Nikon camera case||Nikon side bag with rain cover. 240x200x140mm (outer size).||2017-02-18 - Source - LKR 4,500||NA|
|Lens protection/filter||HOYA Pro1 67mm UV Filter. Used mainly for lens protection.||2017-02-18 - Source - LKR 6,000||NA|
|Nikon MH-67P||External charging AC Adapter||2017-03-26 - Source - LKR 4,500||NA|
|Backup memory||Sony SF-16C4||SDHC 16GB, C4.||2017-02-18 - Source - LKR 0.00|
|Tripod||Tourism Tripod||Tourism tripod with monopod.||2017-02-18 - Source - LKR 10,000||NA|
|Cleaning kit||Nikon cleaning kit||7-in-1 (7 items).||2017-02-18 - Source - LKR 1,500||NA|
If you wish to use one or more of the above listed items for Wikimedia project related activities, please add a new subsection with the four numbered points at the bottom of the page. The custodian will then follow-up by adding another point below your request for notes and signature. -->
- User(s) who will have access to the equipment
- Brief description with signature
- Location(s) to which the equipment will be taken to
- Time period requested (i.e. from/to)
Please note that the user operating the respective equipment will be solely responsible for any replacement/repair charges should there be any loss or damages to the equipment. After the custodian has signed, the custodian will email you directly on means of picking up the equipment. Upon picking up, please present a copy of your photo ID (such as NIC, Passport, or Driver's License) to the custodian. The same will be handed back upon the equipment being returned in good condition.
Recent five requests
- Photowalk project covering most hydroelectric dams in the Central Province of Sri Lanka. This project was decided in order to utilise balance funds from the GV2017 grant. See here and here for more information.
- Central Province, Sri Lanka
- 24 March 2018 to 25 March 2018
- For use by custodian. Rehman 15:59, 25 March 2018 (UTC)
- User:Rehman, User:Azeez
- For coverage of WMCON18 by participants from the Sri Lanka Usergroup.
- The conference venue in Berlin, including participant's travel stopovers to and from the venue (Istanbul and Zurich). Rehman 03:01, 9 May 2018 (UTC)
- 16 April 2018 to 25 April 2018
- For use by custodian. Rehman 03:01, 9 May 2018 (UTC)
- For coverage of Wikimania 2018.
- The conference venue in Cape Town, including participant's travel stopovers to and from the venue. Rehman 11:02, 23 August 2018 (UTC)
- 16 July 2018 to 26 July 2018
- For use by custodian. Rehman 11:02, 23 August 2018 (UTC)
- User:Rehman, User:Indrajitdas, User:KCVelaga
- During the main event of Wikigraphists Bootcamp (2018 India), we are going to record the sessions for later use. We have a camera, but we need a tripod. Since Rehman is also attending the program, he can bring it along. User:Indrajit will handle it, as he is official videographer for the program. I, as the Project Lead assure that the equipment is returned safe and secure. KCVelaga (talk) 04:33, 21 September 2018 (UTC)
- New Delhi, India
- 26 September 2018 to 2 October 2018
- Approved. I will handle delivery to and from the workshop in New Delhi. I will also be bring the camera, as it may be useful. Rehman 04:03, 22 September 2018 (UTC)
- For coverage of Wikimedia Summit 2019 and Wikimedia+Education Conference 2019
- The conference venue and event areas in Berlin, San Sebastián, and Villefranque, including participant's travel stopovers to and from the venue. Rehman 14:36, 16 April 2019 (UTC)
- 27 March 2019 to 10 April 2019
- For use by custodian. Rehman 14:36, 16 April 2019 (UTC)
|Item||Date taken||Purpose/location(s)||Requesting user(s)||Date returned||Custodian's signature at time of update|
|Camera pack||NA||With custodian, for project use by members of UG-LK||NA||2017-02-18||Rehman 09:42, 19 February 2017 (UTC)|
|Camera pack||2017-03-09||Initial photowalk project||User:Rehman||2017-03-12||Rehman 11:35, 3 April 2017 (UTC)|
|Camera pack||2017-03-27||Coverage of Wikimedia Conference 2017||User:Rehman||2017-04-08||Rehman 11:35, 3 April 2017 (UTC)|
|Camera pack||2017-10-26||Coverage of WikidataCon 2017
and Wikimedia Diversity Conference 2017.
|User:Rehman||2017-11-07||Rehman 07:50, 3 December 2017 (UTC)|
|Camera pack||2017-12-02||Coverage of the workshop conducted by UG-LK at
Global Voices Summit 2017.
|User:Rehman||2017-12-03||Rehman 07:50, 3 December 2017 (UTC)|
|Camera pack||2018-03-24||Photowalk covering most hydroelectric dams in the Central Province.
Project used balance funds from GV2017 (see above).
|User:Rehman||2018-03-25||Rehman 15:59, 25 March 2018 (UTC)|
|Camera pack||2018-04-16||Coverage of Wikimedia Conference 2018||User:Rehman||2018-04-25||Rehman 03:01, 9 May 2018 (UTC)|
|Camera pack||2018-07-16||Coverage of Wikimania 2018||User:Rehman||2018-07-26||Rehman 11:02, 23 August 2018 (UTC)|
|Camera pack||2018-09-26||Recording of sessions, and coverage of Wikigraphists Bootcamp (2018 India)||User:KCVelaga||2018-10-02||Rehman 14:20, 18 October 2018 (UTC)|
|Camera pack||2018-03-27||Coverage of WMSUMMIT 2019 and Wiki+Edu Conference 2019||User:Rehman||2019-04-10||Rehman 14:36, 16 April 2019 (UTC)|