Pre Workshop Brainstorming
Informal list of things we can maybe cover. Of course we'll have brainstorming sessions once we all arrive, but this list serves as a place to just jot ideas for now (so you don't forget them in a month).
- New-installer/schema abstraction
- "Support collation by a certain locale (sorting order of characters)" in all pages list and when listing categories. Trying to find a sustainable solution for localized sort orders for i) new wiki installations ii) when upgrading
- Bring after years subcategories to the begin of a category ([http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Buildings_in_Dresden example).
- Developing a framework for libraries of the world and others to obtain subscriptions (with ISBN number) of yearly snapshots of WMF wikis including images e.g. in form of Blu-ray disks or harddisks (background: WMF wikis as prior art with publication dates beyond any doubt)
- Developing an enhanced extension of DumpHTML which allows to store MediaWiki dumps including images on different filesystems (Linux, Windows, CD/DVD ISO) with solution for "non-ASCII" filenames
- Develop someting like Collection, but then to create image packs.
- Follow up to the metadata discussion started in Paris.
- discussing the migration from wikibits.js et al. to jQuery.
- Testing user interface with Selenium
- NeilK will have some new multimedia upload interfaces to demo; feedback welcome
- Overhaul of the deletion schema
- Discuss possible OpenID/OAuth implementation for Wikimedia sites
- I'm still looking for someone to maintain or re-write FlickrLickr, a Flickr photo review tool that has been used to upload more than 10,000 CC-BY photos to Commons.--Eloquence 21:33, 19 March 2010 (UTC)
- Trevor Parscal will have lots of user experience stuff to talk about.
- What going on: Wikimedia-OpenStreetMap cooperation? Do some concrete things.
- Who is interested to make a map session?
- Support for ZoomViewer-Gadget (viewer for huge images on commons)
- Easter eggs!
- Better communication workflow for upcoming sitechanges/software updates etc.
- Central notice system
- finishing ZIM integration for regular ZIM file export (see http://openzim.org/Roadmap)
- discuss MediaWiki extension for manual ZIM file export (see http://openzim.org/Google_Sommer_of_Code_2010#Idea_1:_MediaWiki_extension_to_create_ZIM_files)
Access-Control-Allow-Originto add SUL autologin to *.wikimedia.org wikis on browsers that support it, see 
- Find a way to maintain Commonist and improved it (date and geocoords from exif-datas, more options, ...).
- Talk about GSoC this year
- Someone needs to improve the basic search on commons - search for licenses and metadata (even before any larger-scale rewrite)
- images with licenses suited for worldwide distribution