Wikimedia Conference 2014 is the annual meeting of all Wikimedia chapters, thematic organizations and user groups, board and staff members of the Wikimedia Foundation as well as other committees to discuss the future of the Wikimedia movement in terms of collaboration, structures and organizational development.
Date and time
April 10 for pre-conference meetings, April 11-13, 2014 core conference dates.
Registration opened on January 23, 2014 and closed on Monday, February 17, 2014.
Location and venue
The location was selected by a committee from among 4 applications to host this conference. See Wikimedia Conference 2014/Bids for more information.
The programme team has identified two main themes for the Wikimedia Conference: Organisation, structures and grants and Success and impact. Both themes address the burning questions, challenges and latest discussions that directly affect the entities in the Wikimedia movement. We have decided to focus on the organisational issues and the future of the movement in general, rather than on the details of programmatic work. The insights of the Chapters Dialogue project will be presented and will serve as additional input for certain topics.
Regular guests of the conference will notice that we skipped most of the programmatic sessions this year. The Wikimedia Conference is a valuable opportunity where all movement entities' leaders come together to discuss our ideas, plans, challenges and fears for future, and we wish to reserve what little time we have on constructive debate and discussion.
- Outline of the programme – session descriptions are still evolving.
- Open Thursday – feel free to add your own group's meeting and timing.
- Programme team
- Review previous conferences and collect burning questions & hot topics
- Social events
Registration and participants
Friendly space policy
All session minutes can be found here:
Budget and finances
- Event manager: Wenke Storn, wmconwikimedia.de
- Event assistant: Daniela Gentner, wmconwikimedia.de
- Programme liaison: Nicole Ebber
- Use #wmcon on Twitter and G+ to tag all your dents, tweets, postings, plusses, photos and videos!
- Facebook event