Wikimedia monthly activities meetings/Sign up
- 1-3 presenters
- 5-10 minutes
- Topic related to Wikimedia movement
- Google Slides based deck
Thank you for your interest in presenting at a Wikimedia monthly activities meeting!
Please submit your request below and include:
- Your name, email, and username
- Presenter(s) name, email, and username (if different from person submitting or additional presenters)
- Presentation title
- Presentation description
- Preferred month to present (if applicable)
Someone from the Wikimedia Foundation Communications department will be in touch with you shortly to make further arrangements. Thank you!
Please note that the December meeting follows a different "End of Year" format and utilizes multiple 1-3 minute presentations.
So You Would Like to Change Something at the Wikimedia Foundation
- Topic: How participatory is the Wikimedia Foundation, and what ways are there for community members to influence the Wikimedia Foundation?
- Overview: A presentation of different participation formats currently offered by the Wikimedia Foundation.
- Contact: User:Gnom
- Notes: Maybe something for Fall 2018?
- @Gnom: Have you been in touch with anyone in Community Engagement about possibly presenting on this topic with them? --Gregory Varnum (Wikimedia Foundation) [he/him] (talk) 19:22, 20 June 2019 (UTC)
Topic: Wikimedia 2030 status update and opportunities to participate
- Contact: Tanveer Hasan (thasanwikimedia.org, THasan (WMF)) (Movement Strategy Team)
- Presenters: Tanveer Hasan (thasanwikimedia.org, THasan (WMF)) (Movement Strategy Team), Kaarel Vaidla (kvaidlawikimedia.org, KVaidla (WMF)) (Movement Strategy Team)
- Month: April 2019
- Overview: As members of the Wikimedia 2030 Movement Strategy Team, we would like to provide an update and explain how to participate in the current steps of the process. We will also invite Working Group members to present their work and stories.
- Regular introduction: Who we are? Where we stand? (2 minutes)
- Presenting the Working Groups, story based (5+5 mins)
- Announcing the next steps and highlight the ways people can participate in the process. (3 mins)
Talk Pages Consultation presentation
- After Flow: A new direction for improving talk pages
- Danny Horn, dhorn@wikimedia, DHorn (WMF)
- Preferred month to present: July 2019
In the first half of 2019, the Wikimedia Foundation held a global Talk pages consultation to bring Wikimedians together to define better tools for wiki communication. Volunteers hosted discussions in 15 languages on how they use wikitext talk pages, what they struggle with, and how talk pages can be improved for both newcomers and experienced users. The goal was to come up with a new product direction that the WMF will work on later this year. We'd like to bring everyone up to date on what we've learned from the consultation, and share a vision for the future of on-wiki communication.