Wikimedia monthly activities meetings/Sign up/2018
- 1 September 2018
- 2 Values,Principles and Methods, oh my!
- 3 Requesting a presentation on OOUI work
- 4 Special:Preferences user experience improvements
- 5 Lightning Talk - Women Techstorm
- 6 Blog, Blogs, ʙḽȱɠ / Blog, Блог, بلوگ
- 7 Advancing Gender Equity: Conversations with Movement Leaders
- 8 Lightning Talk: Product Strategy
- 9 Lightening Talk: Impact of WMF grants
- 10 Lightening Talk: Thanks!
- 11 Lightning talk: performance perception survey
Values,Principles and Methods, oh my!
- Values, Principles, and Methods, oh my!
- Jess Klein, email@example.com, JKlein (WMF)
- Presenter: Jess Klein, Senior UX Designer
- October 2018
The design team is exploring how might we directly incorporate Wikimedia values into our day to day practices.
- Hi JKlein (WMF), if I may make a gentle correction: I believe that you're referring to Wikimedia Foundation values, not all-Wikimedia values. That said, I'd be glad to watch the presentation that you suggested. Thank you, --Pine✉ 00:24, 13 October 2018 (UTC)
Requesting a presentation on OOUI work
I would like to see a presentation on the OOUI work that answers "Who", "What", "When", "Where", "Why", and "How". The OOUI changes appear to be part of a long term project and I would like to understand it better than I do now. Thanks. --Pine✉ 19:46, 13 September 2018 (UTC)
- Just for clarity - we are not (at this time) going to be recruiting folks based on topics suggested. But if others are interested in presenting on a topic suggested, we are happy to work with them. :) --Gregory Varnum (Wikimedia Foundation) (talk) 03:00, 14 September 2018 (UTC)
Special:Preferences user experience improvements
- Special:Preferences user experience improvements – why and what?
- Volker E. Volker E. (WMF) (talk) 22:05, 21 November 2018 (UTC)
End of September, we've rolled out the final of a row of improvements for our users settings page Special:Preferences – one of the biggest changes to desktop Wikipedia since the Page Previews. In this course we've improved ease-of-use and accessibility and provided a consistent look and feel. Planning on presenting a quick rundown on the why and the what behind the changes. This might also play into Pine's request above, although I'd like to keep the focus on this rollout to keep it short and dense.
Lightning Talk - Women Techstorm
- No greater power than the power of women united in a Women Tech Storm
- Ciell: ciell.wikipediagmail.com
- december aka "What happened in the movement in 2018?"
In may 2018 we, as presenters of the Dutch gender gap group, organized a small hackathon for women and non-binary people, with a follow-up event this October. Let me tell you what the philosophy behind it and our first outcomes were.
Blog, Blogs, ʙḽȱɠ / Blog, Блог, بلوگ
- Blog, Blogs, ʙḽȱɠ / Blog, Блог, بلوگ
- Trey Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org, TJones (WMF)
- December 6th / End of year lightning talk
A brief overview of search-related blogging in 2018.
Advancing Gender Equity: Conversations with Movement Leaders
- Advancing Gender Equity: Conversations with Movement Leaders and what did we learn?
- Alex Wang, email@example.com, AWang (WMF)
- December lightning talk
In 2017 we interviewed 65 movement leaders supporting more gender equity in the Wikimedia Movement. What did we learn?
Lightning Talk: Product Strategy
- Wikimedia Audiences product planning progress
- Josh Minor, firstname.lastname@example.org, JMinor (WMF) (talk) 18:52, 29 November 2018 (UTC)
- December lightning talk
The Foundation's Audiences team is working through a product strategy and portfolio development process. A few months ago I presented the product principles we developed, and this will be a very short update about the work we're doing and what we published so far.
Lightening Talk: Impact of WMF grants
- What is the impact of WMF grants, beyond the metrics?
- Sati Houston, email@example.com, User:Shouston (WMF)
- December lightening talk
The Wikimedia Foundation has been asking the question "What is the impact of grants?" for a long time. There have been a number of efforts to answer this question, focused primarily on short-term outputs. But these efforts miss the longer-term outcomes, the ripple effects of grantee work that are hard (and sometimes impossible) to measure in the short grant lifecycle. So what are these longer term outcomes, the larger impact of our grantmaking?
Lightening Talk: Thanks!
- Leila Zia or Swati Goel, firstname.lastname@example.org, and User:LZia_(WMF) or User:Swagoel
- Presenter(s) name, email, and username (if different from person submitting or additional presenters)
What do we know about Thanks? We will share with you some of our learnings from studying the usage of Thanks feature on Wikimedia projects.
Lightning talk: performance perception survey
- Performance perception survey & research collaboration
- Gilles Dubuc, email@example.com, GDubuc (WMF)
I would like to give an overview of a research collaboration on performance perception I initiated, and some initial results and insights that came out of it.