Wikimedia monthly activities meetings/Sign up
Thank you for your interest in presenting at a Wikimedia monthly activities meeting!
Someone from the Wikimedia Foundation Communications department will be in touch with you shortly to make further arrangements. Thank you!
Please note that the December meeting follows a different "End of Year" format and utilizes multiple 1-3 minute presentations.
So You Would Like to Change Something at the Wikimedia Foundation
- Topic: How participatory is the Wikimedia Foundation, and what ways are there for community members to influence the Wikimedia Foundation?
- Overview: A presentation of different participation formats currently offered by the Wikimedia Foundation.
- Contact: User:Gnom
- Notes: Maybe something for Fall 2018?
Topic: Wikimedia 2030 status update and opportunities to participate
- Contact: Tanveer Hasan (thasanwikimedia.org, THasan (WMF)) (Movement Strategy Team)
- Presenters: Tanveer Hasan (thasanwikimedia.org, THasan (WMF)) (Movement Strategy Team), Kaarel Vaidla (kvaidlawikimedia.org, KVaidla (WMF)) (Movement Strategy Team)
- Month: April 2019
- Overview: As members of the Wikimedia 2030 Movement Strategy Team, we would like to provide an update and explain how to participate in the current steps of the process. We will also invite Working Group members to present their work and stories.
- Regular introduction: Who we are? Where we stand? (2 minutes)
- Presenting the Working Groups, story based (5+5 mins)
- Announcing the next steps and highlight the ways people can participate in the process. (3 mins)
The Wikidata Infobox on Commons
- The Wikidata Infobox on Commons
- User:Mike Peel
- Any month is OK.
Over the course of 2018, nearly 2 million Commons categories have gained an infobox that is entirely powered from Wikidata - and entirely multilingual. The infobox displays the basic information about the category’s topic, along with authority control information, maps, and useful links.
I could give a lightning talk overviewing the infobox, or I could give a standard presentation that covers a bit more of the details of how the infobox works, how it is being rolled out, and what the future steps and needs are. Thanks. Mike Peel (talk) 20:03, 27 November 2018 (UTC)
- @GVarnum-WMF: It is unlikely that I'll be able to make the February or March 2019 meetings, so if this is still of interest it will have to take place in April at the earliest. Thanks. Mike Peel (talk) 18:47, 24 January 2019 (UTC)
Signing up for a presentation in May 2019
- Structured Data on Commons: the first GLAM pilot projects!
- SandraF (WMF) (talk) - Sandra Fauconnier sfauconnierwikimedia.org
- Presenter: Sandra Fauconnier. Maybe 1-2 people working on the pilots too; to be defined.
- I would like to present in May 2019. Maybe June 2019 if it turns out that not as much has happened in May as I currently (March 2019) anticipate.
Presentation description: In the first half of 2019, Wikimedia Commons is enhanced with structured data! In order to test the new technology, and to document how the GLAM-Wiki community can work with it in the future, the Structured Commons team mentors several GLAM pilot projects that apply Structured Data on Commons for the first time. In this presentation, we show a few of these pilots, as examples/inspiration of what you can do with structured data on Wikimedia Commons.