Wikimedia monthly activities meetings/Sign up
Thank you for your interest in presenting at a Wikimedia monthly activities meeting!
Someone from the Wikimedia Foundation Communications department will be in touch with you shortly to make further arrangements. Thank you!
So You Would Like to Change Something at the Wikimedia Foundation
- Topic: How participatory is the Wikimedia Foundation, and what ways are there for community members to influence the Wikimedia Foundation?
- Overview: A presentation of different participation formats currently offered by the Wikimedia Foundation.
- Contact: User:Gnom
- Notes: Maybe something for Fall 2018?
Topic: Wikimedia 2030 status update and opportunities to participate
- Contact: Nicole Ebber, nicole.ebberwikimedia.de, Nicole Ebber (WMDE)
- Presenters: Nicole Ebber, Kaarel Vaidla (kvaidlawikimedia.org, KVaidla (WMF)), Tanveer Hasan (thasanwikimedia.org, THasan (WMF)) (Movement Strategy Core Team)
- Month: Nov/Dec 2018
- Overview: As members of the Wikimedia 2030 Movement Strategy Core Team, we would like to provide an update and explain how to participate in the current steps of the process. In the future meetings, we will invite Working Group members to present their work and stories.
- Regular introduction: Who we are? Where we stand? (max 1 minute)
- Deeper dive into timeline and process (4)
- Presenting the Working Groups, story based (6 mins)
- Announcing the next steps and highlight the ways people can participate in the process. (3 mins)
Requesting a presentation on OOUI work
I would like to see a presentation on the OOUI work that answers "Who", "What", "When", "Where", "Why", and "How". The OOUI changes appear to be part of a long term project and I would like to understand it better than I do now. Thanks. --Pine✉ 19:46, 13 September 2018 (UTC)
- Just for clarity - we are not (at this time) going to be recruiting folks based on topics suggested. But if others are interested in presenting on a topic suggested, we are happy to work with them. :) --Gregory Varnum (Wikimedia Foundation) (talk) 03:00, 14 September 2018 (UTC)
Who are our Wikipedia users in India?
- Who are our Wikipedia users in India?
- Margeigh Novotny, email@example.com, and MNovotny[WMF]
- November or December
As a follow-up to the Mobile Personas for the US presentation Daisy Chen made a few sessions back, we have a new batch of work which describes the key motivations and characteristics of mobile users in India. The study engaged people from the north, south, east and west; in urban, semi-urban and rural contexts; and across a range of languages (English, Hindi and several regional languages). This presentation will be a high level overview of some of the more interesting insights from the work.