Jump to navigation Jump to search
Hello, here are the latest news from Wikimedia Norge!
- Arctic Knot – a big success
- The final thing we did before the summer holidays was to hold the Arctic Knot Conference. We spent most of 2021 preparing the conference, and the conference lasted for two days with a lot of participation. Most of the videos from the conference are available in this playlist on YouTube.
- 13–17 August
- Wikimania starts tomorrow, and the deadline for registering is midnight UTC tonight. Wikimania lasts for 5 days, and the program is adapted to multiple timezones, so it will take place at various parts of the day. There are plenty of interesting submissions!
- Wikimedia Norge is participating with a workshop. The workshop's goal is to further develop the idea of a Wikimedia hub for underrepresented language communities. Everyone is welcome to participate!
- Next wiki meet-up
- 25 August
- The first meet-up of the fall will be about Abstract Wikipedia. We will watch Denny Vrandečić's presentation from Arctic Knot together, and discuss afterwards. The meet-up will take place on Google Meet, and start at 17.00 CEST. Simply explained, Abstract Wikipedia is about writing articles as functions in order to make them language-independent.
- International Day of the World's Indigenous Peoples
- 9 August marks the International Day of the World's Indigenous Peoples, and we wrote a blog post based on some of the presentations from the Arctic Knot Conference.
- Wikipedia 20 years
- Due to Wikipedia's 20 year anniversary, we have received video greetings from government ministers and the President of the Sámi Parliament. You can watch the videos here. The greetings are for everyone who has contributed to Wikipedia during its 20 years of existence – thank you very much for your efforts!
- Wikipedia in Norwegian turns 20 in November. This will be celebrated at the November meet-up; further information will come later.
Have you already paid your membership fees for 2021? If not, you can always do so by re-registering on this page.