Wikimedia Northern Europe/Repository
This list is currently incomplete, not all working groups etc. are listed.
The Wikimedia Northern Europe repository is meant as an easy overview of how to get in touch with organisations, working groups and other Wikimedia-relevant contacts in Northern Europe.
Working groups etc.
Groups working toward a concrete goal or with people taking on various tasks on a regular basis. Contrast with general-purpose groups and collaborations.
- GLAM Exhibition
- Creating a virtual/physical exhibition of GLAM content.
- Contact: TBA
- Minority languages - article contest and Wikimania
- Working group for planning a minority language article writing contest, as well as discussing ideas for incorporating minority languages into Wikimania.
- Contact: Jon Harald Søby
- Northern Europe Meeting 2019 working group
- Working group established during the 2018 meeting to work out various practical matters related to the 2019 Northern Europe meeting.
- Contact: Anyone interested should contact the representative of their regional community, currently listed in the Northern Europe Action plan.
- Sister projects and outside collaboration
- Working on mapping activity of sister projects and collaboration with organisations outside of Wikimedia.
General-purpose groups and collaborations
Groups and communities which might not have a set goal or task, but share some sort of common theme, or is just meant as a general chat space. Contrast with working groups, etc.
- Wikiwomen Nordic
- A group for participants in Wikimedia Northern Europe who identify as women. (link)
Chapters, user groups and thematic organisations
- Wikimedians of Iceland User Group
- User Group for Wikimedians in Iceland
- Wikimedians of Latvia User Group
- User Group for Wikimedians in Latvia
Organizations and groups which might not be directly connected to Wikimedia, but that are often involved in collaborations or similar.