Wikimedia Summit 2019/Thematic, regional, language-specific meetups/Wiki Science Competition
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Time and place
- social media campaign
- lists of previous uploader for mass message
- content for website
- general update for the 2019 editions, necessary for new countries that are missing. We need to archive 2017 pages.--Alexmar983 (talk) 09:22, 29 March 2019 (UTC)
- post about POTY and finalists of WSC2017. Maybe one entry just for the tornado image
- post about finalists with their stories
- post about meeting in Berlin and warm up
- category infrastructure on commons
- how is the coverage for the specific categories?
- which countries keep adopting non-standard formats?
- is all under control for "lepa (even) years"?
- upload categories
- there are also the CC-0 labels for structured data this year, we should pay attention to that. The upload should insert information there and than copy to the standard CC- BY-SA caption.
- we should rethink the "Microscopy and macrophotography" category role
- are we introducing "astronomical images" and "wildlife" as new categories?
- fix better rule for the upload of the "set of images" (e.g. names with clear progressive pattern);
- link "people in science" categories to gender gap initiatives (post on website? See expertise from Ireland, WikiDonne)
- link "people in science" categories to bibliometric initiative. Organizers should lerna more about Wikicite and start to create consistent Wikidata items when possible