Wikimedia Tunisie/Projects 2017/WCSU
Wikimedia Club in schools and universities
This project is under discussion, the Wikimedia TN User Group, didn't make yet a decision about it.
Last year, we organized a Wikipedia workshops in collaboration with the Higher Institute of Documentation of Tunis. When we were presenting the Wikimedia projects, I noticed that Students,there, did not know yet that they can contribute on Wikipedia. And there the idea came to me, I said why don't we create Wikimedia Clubs in schools and universities..
- Define Wikimedia and its projects.
- Tell them also that Wikipedia isn't just copy and past, they can be a part of it
- ̈Encourage the Cultivating Knowledge and reduce the consumption of data
- Inform students that editing Wikipedia isn't only for art and literature students
- Inform them, too, that editing isn't only by writing articles
- The project isn't only destined for students, it is also destined for teachers, and it is an opportunity to work together.
- Increase the number of users and articles in Wikipedia, photos in Wikimedia Commons and why not the other projects.
From October 2017 to May 2018
No money needed
- Support totally for but you have to add some budget for universities in Deep Tunisia --IssamBarhoumi (talk) 12:41, 13 July 2017 (UTC)
- Support Good initiative especially that through it we will discover new contributors. Sami Mlouhi (talk) 14:30, 13 July 2017 (UTC)
- Support Very good idea and if it's possible to include academic homes it'll be great. Rached Alaya (talk) 14:55, 14 July 2017 (UTC)
- Support Dyolf77 (talk) 00:23, 15 July 2017 (UTC)
- Support interesting idea coming from an active contributor. It tackles one of the issues of the uni students in Tunisia; i.e the concept of copy/paste, copy right and free licence practices. Good luck with it. Emnamizouni (talk) 18:48, 16 July 2017 (UTC)
- Support Hamed Gamaoun (talk) 12:25, 20 July 2017 (UTC)
- Support It is a great idea, just one thing you need some students in the university to help the achievement of the project, --Mounir Touzri (WMTN) (talk) 16:03, 20 July 2017 (UTC)
- Oppose ...