Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021/Submissions/Engaging with partners in the movement! WMF's approach
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Your username: pdas (WMF)
- Presenters: Praveen Das
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Partnerships Team, Wikimedia Foundation
- Engaging with partners in the movement! WMF's approach
- Time needed:
- 20 minutes (Presentation + Interaction)
- Narrate your plan in details:
- Partnership is crucial to achieving the goals of the movement and we must work together with partners from different sectors to support our project of open and free knowledge in order to achieve it. Throughout the history of our movement, different stakeholders – from global non-profit organizations to local companies and ministries – have been interested in working with affiliates, the Foundation, and the wider community. As these activities continue to evolve and as we continue to engage with the movement's partners, a few collaborations from various regions will be discussed in this session to explore the importance of collaboration and how the Wikimedia movement and its partners work together.
- Any support you need:
- How will this session be beneficial for the communities in India?:
- In order to present the current status of active relationships and collaborations between WMF, collaborators, and community members (such as GLOW) and to brainstorm what are good ways to collaborate in other spaces, we want to take this opportunity to open up room for discussion with communities. We also wanted to share how some of the new collaborations allow editors an access to the expertise of the partners.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).