Wikimedians of Albanian Language User Group/activities
- 3-4 February and 10-11 February 2018 | Wiki Academy Kosovo
- Wikiwomen event in collaboration with Sweden Embassy -- 08 March 2018
- Wikidata 6th anniversary -- 28 October 2018
- CEE SPRING 2018
- OSCAL 2018 INFOBOOTH
- 14 February | WikiPotter joins the other Harry Potter WikiProjects on Wikipedia.
- 10 August | WikiPotter becomes the first project in Albanian Wikiquote. A magical start!
- 16 August | Kinocitat, a project aiming to collect Albanian and foreign movie quotes, is born in Albanian Wikiquote.
- Wikidataː How to start editing (February 2017)
- CEE spring competition ( February-March 2017)
- Infoobooth at OSCAL 2016 ( May 2017)
- Wikimedia diversity edit a thon (November 2017)
Wikipedia Weekend One of the flagship events of our community was Wikipedia Weekend in Tirana organized in November 2014. A two-day event with speakers, talks and workshops from Wikimedia Serbia, Kosova, The United States and Albania. The purpose of this event was to gather all wikimedians from Albania and Kosovo in the same place. Another goal of the activity was also the follow up with all the participants that were part of the tour that Wikiakademia did before. In the mean time we participated for the first time at Wiki Loves Monuments a worldwide competition in collaboration with FLOSS, and the Ministry of Culture of Albania and Kosova. On December 2014 we presented our community at CEE meeting, a Wikimedia event that took place in Kiev. WikiAcademy Kukës was another big event organized by IPKO foundation in collaboration with Open Labs and wikipedians from Kosova and Albania. The event was organized in 3 cities of Albania with around 120 pupils participating actively for three months before meeting altogether in a weekend competition with the articles that they edited for 3 months. During the weekend mentors and active users (including us) helped the pupils to finish and publish the articles.
- Decemeber - March 2014.
- Citiesː Tetova, Elbasan, Durres, Tirana.
- April 2015
Wiki Women Camp in Aprill of 2015. It was organized in Prishtina, Kosova and included participants from Serbia, Kosova and Albania. The whole event focused on gender gap issues on Wikipedia with 8 participants from each country, who edited articles from notable females from each country.
Open Source Conference Albania OSCAL2015 was the last event where our community participated. We had a infobooth, invited Wikipedia Albania administrator to talk there and hosted an open discussion about better collaboration about the regional Albanian speaking communities.
15 years Wikipedia
We celebrate the 15th birthday of Wikipedia with an editathon about Albanian history and archaeology. Starting at 16ː00 the volunteers of our user group will write about Albanian history and archaeology. The event will be hosted at Open Labs Hackerspace in Tirana (Albania). We will be focus mainly on creating new articles: Details: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_15/Events/Tirana
- 11/05/2014ː Markup Language of Wikipedia (part of OSCAL2014)
- 16/06/2014: Translation of MediaWiki Workshop #0
- 22/06/2014: Workshop – Editing content and infobox-images on Wikipedia Albania
- 10/07/2014: Translation of MediaWiki, Workshop #1
- 15/072014ː Wiki Love Monuments
- 20/08/2014ː Helping newbies to go on
- 08/05/2015ː How to make sure your article will not be deleted.
- 02/09/2015ː Take and upload good pictures for WLM 2015