Wikimedians of Nepal/Wiki Wikipedia Education Program Nepal/Wiki School
Wiki School A common platform to learn and exchange Wiki technology. Any individual interested to learn about Wikipedia and other Wiki technology may join the free sessions.
Wiki School is a concept to have a place for regular discussion and exchange Teaching Learning activities. The school will be open for anybody who is interested regardless of any profession, inclination, or background.
The place is still on discussion. We are working to find a centrally located place to conduct the school.
- Regular practical sessions(weekly) to learn/teach Wikipedia and how to write/edit.
- Regular discussion on open communities collaboration.
Mock-up session of Wiki School
A mock-up session of Wiki School was held on 15th February, 2014 at Putalisadak. Altogether 9 participants participated in the session. Resources helped the participants to create account in Wikipedia and writing and editing articles.
- Expand wiki-awareness in common people.
- Expand Contributing community in Wikipedia of various language.
- Developing a platform for team building among Wikipedians and Wikimedians and volunteers of various free knowledge collaboration.
- We will discuss to find Sustainable methods. Your inputs are highly appreciated.
- House Rent
- Internet Connectivity
- Class room set-up
- Tea and refreshments for learning persons and resource persons.
- Printed materials to be distributed.
- Financial: Under discussion (We have saved some from our previous program)
- Human : Under discussion (Possibly paid volunteers)
Volunteers interested in this project
Note: This is a purely volunteer non-profit initiative initiated by Wikimedians of Nepal (a group of volunteer Wikimedians in Nepal).