User talk:Ganesh Paudel
- 1 Welcome
- 2 Welcome to Meta!
- 3 Translate some names for hundreds software projects including MediaWiki
- 4 Superprotect status
- 5 Requests for comments on Wikimedia user groups approval process and agreements
- 6 Phil Wiki Community User Group proposal
- 7 How can we improve Wikimedia grants to support you better?
- 8 Request for approval: Wikimedia MA User Group
- 9 Last call for WMF grants feedback!
- 10 Introducing the Wikimedia Affiliates mailing list
- 11 2015 Affiliations Committee call for candidates
- 12 नेपाली विकिपीडिया प्रबन्धक बैठक २०१६
- 13 Inspire Campaign on content curation & review
- 14 Women Edit-a-thon 2016 starts in 24 hours
- 15 Participate in the Inspire Campaign and help address harassment!
- 16 Maithili Wikimedians Mission 10
- 17 Mother Language Edit-a-thon — newiki
- 18 विकी कार्यशाला नेपाल — नेपालीविकि
- 19 Wikicamp Nepal 2018 Participation Report
- 20 Wiki Project Medicine Foundation Membership
- 21 Invitation for SVG Translation Workshop 2019 in Nepal
- 22 SVG Translation Workshop 2019 in Nepal updates
- 23 Join Wiki Awareness Campaign in Nepal
Translate some names for hundreds software projects including MediaWiki
Hello, I'm writing you because you subscribed to a Language support team. As you know, Wikimedia projects exist in almost 300 languages; supporting them all is a big effort so we partner with other organisations. One small but visible thing we miss is that many interwiki links in sidebar (among others) don't offer a translation of the language name when hovered. We're now able to translate 100 more language names in your language.
If you're interested, I can create you an account to submit translations on the CLDR web tool (within June 14): please send an email to ask one and I'll follow up with instructions. On CLDR you can translate and tweak many other things, if you desire; your work will impact hundreds of software projects. Thanks, Nemo 17:58, 2 May 2014 (UTC)
Dear Ganesh Paudel, since you are an administrator on a wiki from which no user participated in this discussion, I'd like to make sure you are aware of some recent events which may alter what the Wikimedia Foundation lets you do on your wiki: Superprotect.
- Request for comment: Requests for comment/Superprotect rights
- An open letter about its implementation: Letter to Wikimedia Foundation: Superprotect and Media Viewer
Peteforsyth 09:14, 12 September 2014 (UTC)
Wikimedia user groups are groups of Wikimedia users who support and promote the Wikimedia projects in the offline world by organizing meetups and other projects. The Wikimedia Affiliations Committee's responsibilities include approval of new Wikimedia user groups.
The committee will seek community input until Friday, May 1, 2015. The committee will then review the community's input, and publish the new process and agreements on Meta-Wiki. The committee will again seek community input approximately six months after any changes are adopted to gauge effectiveness and if any additional changes are necessary.
Please see the RFC page on Meta-Wiki for more information and to provide feedback.
Thank you - Wikimedia Affiliations Committee
Phil Wiki Community User Group proposal
How can we improve Wikimedia grants to support you better?
Hi! The Wikimedia Foundation would like your input on how we can reimagine Wikimedia Foundation grants to better support people and ideas in your Wikimedia project.
After reading the Reimagining WMF grants idea, we ask you to complete this survey to help us improve the idea and learn more about your experience. When you complete the survey, you can enter to win one of five Wikimedia globe sweatshirts!
In addition to taking the the survey, you are welcome to participate in these ways:
- Respond to questions on the discussion page of the idea.
- Join a small group conversation.
- Learn more about this consultation.
This survey is in English, but feedback on the discussion page is welcome in any language.
Request for approval: Wikimedia MA User Group
Hi Ganesh Paudel,
We, Wikimedians in Morocco, have filled out the form to create a user group in our country, for that, I want to announce that we were looking forward to a recognition from you, to join the WMF. Cordially, --Reda benkhadra (talk) 12:55, 2 September 2015 (UTC)
Last call for WMF grants feedback!
Hi, this is a reminder that the consultation about Reimagining WMF grants is closing on 8 September (0:00 UTC). We encourage you to complete the survey now, if you haven't yet done so, so that we can include your ideas.
The Wikimedia Affiliations Committee is pleased to introduce the launch of the Wikimedia Affiliates mailing list, which is basically a place for all the affiliates (chapters, thematic organizations, user groups) to discuss issues related to affiliates, make announcements to other affiliates, and collaborate on activities and community-wide events. The idea is to help facilitate the dialogue affiliates across our movement, plus collaborative discussions like community-wide activities, joint edit-a-thons, regional conferences, blog/report posts, or other communications from affiliates.
Each Wikimedia movement affiliate is allocated three spots on the mailing list. All affiliates may contact the Affiliations Committee to request additional spots if needed.
Thank you - Wikimedia Affiliations Committee
The Affiliations Committee – the committee responsible for guiding volunteers in establishing Wikimedia chapters, thematic organizations, and user groups – is looking for new members!
The main role of the Affiliations Committee is to guide groups of volunteers that are interested in forming Wikimedia affiliates. We review applications from new groups, answer questions and provide advice about the different Wikimedia affiliation models and processes, review affiliate bylaws for compliance with requirements and best practices, and advise the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees on issues connected to chapters, thematic organizations and Wikimedia user groups.
The committee consists of twelve members, six of whom are selected every twelve months for staggered two-year terms.
- Key skills
Being a part of the Affiliations Committee requires communication with volunteers all over the world, negotiating skills, cultural sensitivity, and the ability to understand legal texts. We try to get a healthy mix of different skill sets in our members. The key skills and experience that we look for in candidates are:
- Excitement by the challenge of helping to empower groups of volunteers worldwide.
- Willingness to process applications through a set, perhaps bureaucratic process.
- Readiness to participate in political discussions on the role and future of affiliates, models of affiliations, and similar questions.
- Availability of up to 5 hours per week, and the time to participate in a monthly ~2 hour voice/video meeting.
- International orientation.
- Very good communication skills in English.
- Ability to work and communicate with other languages and cultures.
- Strong understanding of the structure and work of affiliates and the WMF.
- Knowledge of different legal systems and experience in community building and organising are a plus.
- Effective communication skills in other languages are a major plus.
- Experience with or in an active affiliate is a major plus.
- Willingness to use one's real name in committee activities (including contacts with current and potential affiliates) when appropriate.
We are looking for people who are not afraid of the workload and are motivated by helping other volunteers to get organized and form communities that further our mission around the world.
- Selection process
As a reflection of our commitment to openness, transparency, and bilateral engagement with the Wikimedia community, the 2015 member selection process will include a public review and comment period. All applications received by the committee will be posted on Meta (at Affiliations Committee/Candidates/2015), and the community will be invited to provide comments and feedback about each candidate.
At the end of the public comment period, the applications will be voted on by the members of the committee who are not seeking re-election, taking into account comments put forward by the committee's members, advisors, WMF staff and board liaisons, and the community. A final decision will be made by mid-January 2016, with new members expected to join later that month.
- How to apply
If you are interested in joining the committee, please send an application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 December 2015. You will get a confirmation that your application was received.
Your application should include the following:
- Your full name
- Your contact information (including e-mail address and username)
- A statement describing your relevant experience, skills, and motivation for joining the committee.
Your statement will be published for community review and feedback, so please do not include any information that you are not comfortable sharing.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me and/or the committee as a whole. We are happy to chat or have a phone call with anyone about our work if this helps them decide to apply. Please distribute this call among your networks, and do apply if you are interested!
Chair, Affiliations Committee
नेपाली विकिपीडिया प्रबन्धक बैठक २०१६
नेपाली विकिपीडियाको पहिलो प्रबन्धकहरूको आधिकारिक बैठकको लागि आफ्नो नाम दर्ता गराउन अनुरोध गरिन्छ । यस बैठकमा नेपाली विकिपीडियामा रहेका प्रबन्धकहरू अनलाइन तथा अफलाइन रूपले बैठकमा भाग लिई नेपाली विकिपीडियाको प्रगति तथा समस्याहरूको सम्बन्धमा वार्ता गर्नेछन । यस वाहेक बैठकमा नयाँ विकी प्रविधि, मिडीयाविकि, स्थानीय विकिपीडिया नीतिहरू, लेखको आधार र अन्य विषयवस्तुमाथि केन्द्रित रहेर छलफल गर्नेछन । नेपाली विकिपीडियाका सबै प्रबन्धकहरूलाई यस बैठकमा भाग लिन र साथै मिति र समय सम्बन्धमा छलफल गर्न प्रोत्साहित गरिन्छ ।
Inspire Campaign on content curation & review
I've recently launched an Inspire Campaign to encourage new ideas focusing on content review and curation in Wikimedia projects. Wikimedia volunteers collaboratively manage vast repositories of knowledge, and we’re looking for your ideas about how to manage that knowledge to make it more meaningful and accessible. We invite you to participate and submit ideas, so please get involved today! The campaign runs until March 28th.
All proposals are welcome - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is welcome - your skills and experience can help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign to improve review and curation tasks so that we can make our content more meaningful and accessible! I JethroBT (WMF) 05:39, 29 February 2016 (UTC)
Women Edit-a-thon 2016 starts in 24 hours
Thanks alot !! for signing up as a participant in the Women Edit-a-thon 2016; If not then hurry up. We want to inform you that this edit-a-thon will start in next 24 hours or so (2 March 0:00 UTC). Here are a few handy tips:
- ⓵ Before starting you may check the rules of the edit-a-thon once again.
- ⓶ Don't forget article must only be notable Women's related title.
- ⓷ If you want to contact in social media sites then Please see here.
- ⓸ If you are posting about this edit-a-thon- on Facebook or Twitter, you may use the hashtag #WEAT2016
- ⓹ Do you have any question or comment? Do you want us to clarify something? Please ask it here (on talk page).
Through June, we’re organizing an Inspire Campaign to encourage and support new ideas focusing on addressing harassment toward Wikimedia contributors. The 2015 Harassment Survey has shown evidence that harassment in various forms - name calling, threats, discrimination, stalking, and impersonation, among others - is pervasive. Available methods and systems to deal with harassment are also considered to be ineffective. These behaviors are clearly harmful, and in addition, many individuals who experience or witness harassment participate less in Wikimedia projects or stop contributing entirely.
Proposals in any language are welcome during the campaign - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is appreciated, and collaboration is encouraged - your skills and experience may help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign so that we can work together to develop ideas around this important and difficult issue. With thanks,
Mother Language Edit-a-thon — newiki
Hello, Thanks alot !! for signing up as a participant in the Mother Language Edit-a-thon 2018; If not then sign up. We want to inform you that this edit-a-thon has already started and organised for only 3 days (21 Feb. 2018 to 23 Feb. 2018) in auspicious occasion of International Mother Language Day to acquire specially the women's participation in the creative works. Here are a few handy tips:
- ⓵ Before starting you may check the rules of the edit-a-thon once again.
- ⓶ Don't forget article must only be notable Language's related title.
- ⓷ Do you have any question or comment? Do you want us to clarify something? Please ask it here (on talk page).
विकी कार्यशाला नेपाल — नेपालीविकि
जय श्री नरसिंह नेपाली विकिपिडियन मित्र !
विकी कार्यशाला नेपाल एक प्रस्तावित दुई दिने आवाशीय कार्यशाला कार्यक्रम हो । यो कार्यशालाको मुख्य उद्देश्य नेपालमा भएका विभिन्न भाषाका विकिपिडियनहरूलाई विकिपिडिया सम्पादन कार्यमा कौशल प्रदान गर्नु रहेको छ । यस कार्यक्रमको आयोजनाले नेपालमा विकिपिडियाका आवश्यकता र विशेषता प्रस्ट हुने आशा राखिएको छ । समुदायमा रहेका प्रयोगकर्ताहरूको छलफल पछि यस कार्यक्रमको मिति र स्थान तय गरिनेछ ।
नेपालीविकिमा यहाँ हुदैँ वार्तामा भाग लिई आफ्नो उपस्थिति जनाउनुहोस् र आफ्नो अमूल्य विचार, समर्थन तथा टिप्पणी प्रस्तुत गरिदिनुहुन अनुरोध गर्द छु । धन्यवाद ! तुल्सी भगत (वार्तालाप) —MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 03:54, 22 February 2018 (UTC)
Thank you for your precious time with us and also for creating & submitting a participation report. Have a wonderful time ahead here in the Wikimedia movement. Stay in touch for upcoming event. Cheers, Bunch of thanks! for making the event a grand success. Kind regards, — TBhagat (contribs | talk) sent using MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 07:51, 20 January 2019 (UTC)
Wiki Project Medicine Foundation Membership
Dear Wiki Project Med Supporter, you are receiving this message as you have shown interest in supporting Wiki Project Med in the past. As our organization grows and evolves, we want to be able to verify peoples ongoing interest in being involved. To that end, the board has decided to require renew of membership every two years. So -- whether you are a current member or not, please fill out our updated membership form, to ensure your membership till the end of 2020. Please note -- We ask that you fill out the form by Feb 3rd, as we are close to elections and only members can nominate themselves for the board and vote!
Invitation for SVG Translation Workshop 2019 in Nepal
Dear Ganesh Paudel
It’s our pleasure to invite you to SVG Translation Workshop 2019 in Nepal which is going to be held on 16th March 2019 inside valley. We would like to request you to sign up for this workshop by signing on participation page. Stay tuned for venue and time. If you have any question(s), comment(s) or suggestion(s), Please feel free to put it here.
SVG Translation Workshop 2019 in Nepal updates
Dear Ganesh Paudel,
You are heartily invited to our workshop. Here is a few updates and tips:
- Venue: , Old Baneshwor, Nepal
- Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM (NPT)
- Date: Tomorrow, 16 March 2019
- If you have not joined till now, please join us as a participant by signing here.
- If you are posting about this workshop on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, you may use the hashtag #SVGTW2019inNepal
- Do you have any question or comment? Do you want us to clarify something? Please put it here.
Join Wiki Awareness Campaign in Nepal
Dear Ganesh Paudel,
I want to share about WACN with you. Let me tell you, WACN (Wiki Awareness Campaign in Nepal) is a campaign to improve recognition of Wikipedia and understanding of its uses among the different communities of Nepal. It aims to increase awareness of Wikipedia. Basically, we are focus on engaging new readers. It would be great if you can help us achieving our objectives/goals. Let's imagine a better community, better encyclopedia.