Wikipedia Asian Month/2016/Organizer Guidelines
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Before 30 October 2016
- Set-up an event page on local Wikipedia, then put the link to your local event page in the list above. (You can use this well-designed sample page, localized this template is required)
- Translate the rules into your language, and maybe slightly adjust the rules if needed.
- Call a few Wikipedians to join you as local organizers (Local organizers (up to five) can get one additional postcard from another country, i.e. if they also accomplish the requirement, they can receive two postcards from two countries)
- Post an invitation message on the village pump, Community bulletin board, mailing list, or even make a Site Notice, around two weeks before it starts.
During the event
- November 2016
- Continue to call for participants to participate at the village pump, community bulletin board, mailing list, site notice, etc.
- A tool for keeping track participants' progress shall be available here (hosted at Tool Labs).
- Before 2017
- Check articles fulfill the article criteria
- Have a list of Wikipedians who finish the task (4 articles)
- Have the name of Wikipedia Asian Ambassador, who created most articles (fulfills the criteria)
- Ask them fill in a global Google Form with their Mailing address in both the local language and English
- Help to translate the address if editors are not able to provide an English version
- The mail address will be randomly distributed to the communities which are able to send postcards