A bot is a robot designed for performing certain repetitive tasks on a wiki. Bots typically require permission to be one, and are occasionally used by negative editors (such as vandals) to damage a wiki's content.
For the system "bot" is a user group; Special:Listusers/bot produces a list of all users who are member of this group. In addition, "bot" is a user right. Edits by a user with this "right" (rather: property) by default do not show up in recent changes. Typically a user of type "bot" has user right "bot". User rights are often called "flags"; bots with user right "bot" are often called "flagged" bots.
Running your own bot [modifica]
- Using the python wikipediabot
- English Wikipedia bot policy
- Steward requests/Bot status — to request an account be marked with a bot flag (for wikis without any active bureaucrat)
- Setting bot access — information for people running their own MediaWiki installation. Can be changed at Special:UserRights
Current and proposed bots [modifica]
- Interwiki bot — includes details of the pywikipediabot
- Uploadable Bots — a feature suggestion
- Copyright bot — a proposal for finding copyright violations
- Translation bot — proposal for a bot to translate taxonomic information.
- KoyomiBot — proposal for a Japanese Wikipedia bot
Miscellaneous bot pages [modifica]
- Bot policy
- Lists of bots - where to find bots used by Wikipedia and other Wikimedia foundation bot families.
- Vandalbot – advice on dealing with malicious bots
- robots.txt — file which tells web robots how to index your site.
- Rollback — includes instructions for using "bot rollback" to hide vandalism from recent changes
- Botopedia international project for generating Wikipedia articles from statistical data.
Frameworks and interfaces for bot development [modifica]
- Pywikipediabot (Python)
- DotNetWikiBot Framework (.NET Framework 2.0, C#)
- wiki-java (Java)
- Java Wiki Bot Framework (Java)
- MediaWiki::Bot (Perl)
- Anura robot framework[dead link] (Perl)
- Bgbot (PHP)
- PHP mediawiki bot (PHP)
- SxWiki (PHP)
See also [modifica]
|Local:||blocked user – unregistered user – newly-registered user – registered user – bot – administrator – bureaucrat – oversight – checkuser – IP block exempt – importer – centralnotice admin|
|Global:||locked account – unified account – bot – rollbacker – abuse filter editor – interface editor – IP block exemption – new wiki importers – sysop – ombudsman – founder – staff – system administrator – steward|