From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
- I don't meet the adminship criteria. MER-C (talk) 01:44, 3 July 2012 (UTC)
- Hmm, that's too bad. Can't we make an exception for active people on the spam blacklist like you? 'Cause we desperately need them imo. :) Trijnsteltalk 10:37, 3 July 2012 (UTC)
Gday MER-C. When I try the linksearch tool for the top 40, I get
Request timed out This is probably because you searched a domain with too many links, surveyed a user with too many image uploads or did not specify a long enough prefix.
- 1) Which domain did you search?
- 2) Google App Engine allows only 60s per request and if I can't make 80 complete linksearches (HTTP+HTTPS for each wiki) in that time then it dies. The usual cause is the WMF servers not being fast enough. MER-C (talk) 03:25, 15 March 2013 (UTC)
- I cannot even get a top20 sites search done at the moment. :-(  and this isn't the only site for which it is failing for me. I would even be happy if it gave me a per wiki count, and the potential to drill down, my guess is that a count is not readily doable anyway. — billinghurst sDrewth 11:14, 16 April 2013 (UTC)
- Works for me (3 links on en, nl: 1, es: 2, ru: 2, ja: 3, zh: 1, no: 2). I have looked at the logs, which weren't that informative. Time to blacklist some bots for not following robots.txt. MER-C (talk) 12:52, 21 April 2013 (UTC)