Community Wishlist Survey 2017/Wikidata/Mass revert tool
< Community Wishlist Survey 2017 | Wikidata(Redirected from 2017 Community Wishlist Survey/Wikidata/Mass revert tool)Jump to navigation Jump to search
The survey has concluded. Here are the results!
- Problem: A multitude of tools make mass edits possible, which is nice. But sometimes errors happen and it seems like some erroneous (mass) edits stay in our database just because it's such a big turnoff to go through hundreds or thousands of edits manually.
- Who would benefit: Wikidata editors, data quality (i.e. Wikidata users)
- Proposed solution: It should really be as easy to revert your changes as it is to do them in the first place.So I guess we need a tool that lets you select in an intuitive way exactly what (own?) changes to revert, e.g. by exact period of time, by patterns in the edit summary, ... or maybe just by easily preselecting (and deselecting) some items or ranges of items from a list with single clicks/keystrokes before initiating the mass revert action. Integration into the Wikidata website would be nice.
- More comments:
- Phabricator tickets:
- Translations: none yet
- QuickStatements can be used to mass-remove statements. That combined with SPARQL queries allow you to build a query that catches all the bad statements and than build list of QuickStatements commands to remove them. How would your proposed toll be different? --Jarekt (talk) 15:43, 15 November 2017 (UTC)
- QuickStatements usage for this purpose is far from intuitive and as a result many people don't use it this way. I think it would be great on Special:Contributions/ there would be a way to undo all edits you have done between time X and time Y. It should allow everybody to undo his own edits in bulk. As far as undoing others edits in bulk I'm less sure. We might give that feature out along with the rollbacker permission or even limit it for admins. ChristianKl (talk) 22:32, 20 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 13:29, 28 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support Thomas Obermair 4 (talk) 23:17, 28 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support Xaris333 (talk) 19:19, 29 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support ChristianKl (talk) 21:04, 29 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support Andrew (talk) 20:14, 29 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support Rachel Helps (BYU) (talk) 17:09, 30 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support Emir of Wikipedia (talk) 16:20, 2 December 2017 (UTC)
- Support ديفيد عادل وهبة خليل 2 (talk) 16:24, 2 December 2017 (UTC)
- Support It would be helpful for other wikis as well, though there’s more chance for revert conflicts. Tacsipacsi (talk) 19:47, 9 December 2017 (UTC)