Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Notes, drafts, discussions|
|Examples & mockups|
Feel free to ask for terms on the talk page, or to add more terms and improve the definitions.
|A · B · C · D · E · F · G · H · I · J · K · L · M · N · O · P · Q · R · S · T · U · V · W · X · Y · Z|
- ꯑꯕꯁꯇ꯭ꯔꯦꯛ (ইংলিস: abstract)
- not in a specific natural language but abstracting from it; aiming to provide a notation for the meaning behind natural language texts, sentences, or phrases. The opposite of concrete.
- AbstractText (ইংলিস: AbstractText)
- prototype implementation of the Wikifunctions idea.
- abstract content (ইংলিস: abstract content)
- see content.
- ꯑꯕꯁꯇ꯭ꯔꯦꯛ ꯋꯤꯀꯤꯄꯦꯗꯤꯌꯥ (ইংলিস: Abstract Wikipedia)
- preliminary name of all the Content that can be used by local Wikipedias to render an article in natural language; currently proposed to live in Wikidata next to the corresponding Item, but that will be discussed before Part P2 of the development project.
- alias (ইংলিস: alias)
- an alternative label for an object, used foremost to find the object.
- ꯋꯥꯔꯦꯡ (ইংলিস: article)
- a page in the main namespace of Wikipedia, usually representing one entry in Wikipedia.
- builtin (ইংলিস: builtin)
- a native implementation of a function that is provided by the evaluator and that is not editable through the wiki interface.
- ꯀꯧꯕ (ইংলিস: call)
- see function call. In English, the term invoke or invocation may also be used.
- canonical, canonicalized, canonicalised (ইংলিস: canonical, canonicalized, canonicalised)
- a specific, less verbose and thus more readable way to represent ZObjects in JSON; it is the usual representation ZObjects are stored in Wikifunctions. This is opposed to normal.
- car (ইংলিস: car)
- alternative name of head; see CAR and CDR in Wikipedia. See also cdr.
- cdr (ইংলিস: cdr)
- alternative name for tail; see CAR and CDR in Wikipedia. See also car.
- character (ইংলিস: character)
- a character as defined by Unicode, a constituent of a String; a character can consist of several bytes (or octets).
- composition (ইংলিস: composition)
- a form of implementation of a function, where the implementation is given by the combination of other functions; see Function model.
- composition notation (ইংলিস: composition notation)
- an easy-to-read notation for compositions; see Function model.
- concrete (ইংলিস: concrete)
- in a specific natural language. The opposite of abstract.
- cons (ইংলিস: cons)
- a function to create a new list by adding an element at the top of it; see phab:T261474.
- constructor (ইংলিস: constructor)
- an abstract building block of content; a constructor aims to capture the meaning of a single phrase or sentence structure and often has slots that can take other constructors, and can itself be used as a value to fill the slots of other constructors.
- content, abstract content (ইংলিস: content, abstract content)
- abstract representation of a text or text fragment, assembled from constructors. Technically, an instantiated constructor. The top level constructor is used to represent a whole article and stored in Abstract Wikipedia, but content can be also for just a sentence or phrase. Sometimes called abstract content.
- deserialization (ইংলিস: deserialization)
- Opposite of serialization.
- development project (ইংলিস: development project)
- a project to develop Wikifunctions and Abstract Wikipedia; see Abstract Wikipedia plan.
- documentation (ইংলিস: documentation)
- human-readable text explaining an object.
- eneyj (ইংলিস: eneyj)
- ꯑꯔꯥꯟꯕ (ইংলিস: error)
- a type whose instances indicate problems in evaluation or validation; see Function model.
- evaluator (ইংলিস: evaluator)
- a piece of software that takes a ZObject and evaluates it, that is executes a Function and returns the result. We envision the development of several evaluators. Evaluators may be implemented and run in the browser, on the server of the Wikimedia Foundation, in the cloud, in an app on a mobile device, or other places. Compare to executor and orchestrator.
- executor (ইংলিস: executor)
- ꯃꯊꯧ (ইংলিস: function)
- the specification of a computation that takes some input and returns output; see Function (computer science) in Wikipedia.
- function call (ইংলিস: function call)
- A function call is a ZObject consisting of a function and the required arguments for the function, and can be evaluated to another ZObject. In English, the term "invoke" may also be used.
- function model (ইংলিস: function model)
- see Function model.
- functional (ইংলিস: functional)
- short for "purely functional", meaning that the evaluation of such a function has no side-effects and is deterministic, that is always the same; see Purely functional programming in Wikipedia; see Function model.
- generic type (ইংলিস: generic type)
- a type generated by evaluation of a function call.
- ꯃꯀꯣꯛ (ইংলিস: head)
- the first element of a list. Also known as car. The rest of the list is known as tail or cdr. See phab:T261474.
- identity (ইংলিস: identity)
- The identity of a type is an instance of (specific) function that evaluates to the type. For a simple type, it is a reference to the type itself.
- implementation (ইংলিস: implementation)
- a particular way to execute a function. An implementation may be a piece of code in a certain programming language, refer to functionality “built into” the evaluator, or combine calls to other functions. A function may have many implementations, which should all be equivalent. Short for "ZFunction implementation".
- instance (ইংলিস: instance)
- Every ZObject is an instance of its type.
- invoke (ইংলিস: invoke)
- synonym for call in English. See function call.
- ꯄꯣꯠꯂꯝ (ইংলিস: item)
- an entry in Wikidata's knowledge base; see Item in the Wikidata glossary.
- JSON (ইংলিস: JSON)
- a widely used data serialization; see JSON in Wikipedia.
- key (ইংলিস: key)
- a string which ends with the letter K followed by a natural number, and is optionally preceded by a ZID. Keys are defined in Wikifunctions usually on Types or Functions, and are used to build up ZObjects.
- label (ইংলিস: label)
- main name given to identify a ZObject. May only be plain text.
- lexeme (ইংলিস: lexeme)
- an entry in Wikidata storing lexicographic knowledge about, roughly, a word; see Lexeme in the Wikidata glossary.
- linearizer (ইংলিস: linearizer)
- a function to convert a ZObject to a string. The opposite of parser.
- list (ইংলিস: list)
- a data type that groups an arbitrary number of instances in an ordered entity; see List (abstract data type) in Wikipedia.
- literal (ইংলিস: literal)
- a value that is not a ZObject. Currently the only accepted literal is string.
- local Wikipedia (ইংলিস: local Wikipedia)
- a Wikipedia in a specific language, such as Hebrew Wikipedia, Japanese Wikipedia, or Italian Wikipedia.
- ꯂꯣꯟꯃꯌꯥꯝ ꯋꯤꯀꯤꯄꯦꯗꯤꯌꯥ (ইংলিস: multilingual Wikipedia)
- the architecture that allows local Wikipedias to enrich themselves by rendering the Content from Abstract Wikipedia and thus have a more comprehensive, current, and correct Wikipedia in their language; see Abstract Wikipedia architecture.
- natural language (ইংলিস: natural language)
- a specific natural language in the wider sense, such as English, Tagalog, or Swahili; see Natural language in Wikipedia.
- normal (ইংলিস: normal)
- an extended, easily processable and very uniform way to represent ZObjects in JSON. This is opposed to canonical.
- nothing (ইংলিস: nothing)
- a data type that can have no instances; see Bottom type in Wikipedia.
- ꯄꯣꯠ (ইংলিস: object)
- orchestrator (ইংলিস: orchestrator)
- a service that takes a ZObject and returns an evaluated version of it. To do this it will make calls to the wiki for other ZObjects it needs, to the executor to evaluate some function calls, and other services such as Wikidata. See the service documentation. Compare to evaluator and executor.
- ꯂꯃꯥꯏ (ইংলিস: page)
- a wiki consists of a number of individual pages, which can be edited independently.
- parser (ইংলিস: parser)
- a function to convert a string to a ZObject. The opposite of linearizer.
- pair (ইংলিস: pair)
- a compound ZObject that contains two ZObjects of specific (but arbitrary) type.
- Part P1 (ইংলিস: Part P1)
- the part of the development project that deals with creating Wikifunctions. It starts at the beginning of the project and goes on throughout its whole lifetime; see Part P1: Wikifunctions.
- Part P2 (ইংলিস: Part P2)
- the part of the development project that deals with creating Abstract Wikipedia. It starts after about a year in the project and goes on throughout the second half of its lifetime; see Part P2: Abstract Wikipedia.
- persistent (ইংলিস: persistent)
- a ZObject with a ZID and with its own page in the wiki. Most persistent ZObjects will include values that are ZObjects with no ZID, and are therefore not persistent.
- property (ইংলিস: property)
- used to make a statement about an Item in Wikidata's knowledge base; see Property in the Wikidata glossary.
- quote (ইংলিস: quote)
- a data structure that is not to be evaluated but kept verbatim.
- ꯃꯇꯦꯡ ꯂꯧꯔꯛꯐꯝ (ইংলিস: reference)
- an ID denoting the underlying object. For example, the string "Z11" refers to the Type Z11/Monolingual text.
- Note: This term has a completely different meaning than on Wikidata; see Reference (computer science) in Wikipedia.
- renderer (ইংলিস: renderer)
- a function that gets a content and an identifier for a natural language as an input and returns text in that natural language as output, representing the content as concrete text, using knowledge from lexemes.
- reify (ইংলিস: reify)
- a function that deconstructs an object into its constituent parts so that the parts can be individually accessed; see Reification in Wikipedia; see phab:T261474.
- REPL (ইংলিস: REPL)
- a Read / Eval / Print - Loop, a command line interface that takes some input, evaluates it, and displays the result; see REPL in Wikipedia; see Function model.
- serialization (ইংলিস: serialization)
- Ways to represent ZObjects in JSON; see also canonical, normal.
- statement (ইংলিস: statement)
- used to provide knowledge about an Item in Wikidata's knowledge base; see Statement in the Wikidata glossary.
- string (ইংলিস: string)
- a sequence of characters.
- sum type (ইংলিস: sum type)
- a type that can have instances of any of its constituent types; see Sum type in Wikipedia; see Function model.
- tail (ইংলিস: tail)
- a list without its first element. Also known as cdr. The first element is known as head or car. See phab:T261474.
- tester (ইংলিস: tester)
- a way to automatically determine if a given ZFunction is doing the right thing. A function will typically have multiple testers, each specifying some input to the function and conditions the output for the given input must fulfil. For example, testers for a “title case” function might include: “abc” should become “Abc”; “war and peace” should become “War and Peace”; “война и мир” should become “Война и мир”; and “123” should remain “123”.
- transient (ইংলিস: transient)
- Opposite of persistent.
- ꯃꯈꯜ (ইংলিস: type)
- a type defines the conditions for a ZObject to be a valid instance of this type, by providing a function that validates a ZObject. Types are ZObjects themselves, so that contributors of Wikifunctions can create new types.
- value (ইংলিস: value)
- the string or ZObject associated with a key in another ZObject.
- validator (ইংলিস: validator)
- A function taking a ZObject as argument and return a list of errors found.
- ꯋꯤꯀꯤ (ইংলিস: wiki)
- a web site that allows for the easy and collaborative editing of its pages.
- ꯋꯤꯀꯤꯗꯥꯇꯥ (ইংলিস: Wikidata)
- a project of the Wikimedia Foundation, a free, collaboratively edited knowledge base; see Wikidata.
- ꯋꯤꯀꯤꯃꯊꯧ (ইংলিস: Wikifunctions)
- new project of the Wikimedia Foundation; a free, collaboratively developed and maintained catalog of functions. It was initially known as Wikilambda in the original proposal (that name is now used for the WikiLambda extension).
- WikiLambda (ইংলিস: WikiLambda)
- the software used to power the project, Extension:WikiLambda.
- Wikimedia Foundation (ইংলিস: Wikimedia Foundation)
- organization that supports the Wikimedia movement; see Wikimedia Foundation.
- Wikipedia (ইংলিস: Wikipedia)
- a project of the Wikimedia Foundation, a free, collaboratively edited encyclopedia; see Wikipedia.
- Wikipedia, Abstract (ইংলিস: Wikipedia, Abstract)
- see Abstract Wikipedia.
- Wikipedia, multilingual (ইংলিস: Wikipedia, multilingual)
- see multilingual Wikipedia.
- ZID (ইংলিস: ZID)
- an ID starting with the letter Z and followed by a natural number. Used to identify persistent ZObjects.
- ZFunction (ইংলিস: ZFunction)
- a wiki page on Wikifunctions that describes a particular function that can be used through the evaluator. Each ZFunction can be realised in code by one or more Implementations, and said implementations can be verified as correct by one or more Tester ZFunctions.
- ZKey (ইংলিস: ZKey)
- a ZObject defining a key for a particular type.
- ZList (ইংলিস: ZList)
- a ZObject for an ordered sequence of other ZObjects.
- ZObject (ইংলিস: ZObject)
- every entry in Wikifunctions is a ZObject. ZObjects stored in Wikifunctions have ZIDs and can be of numerous types, such as Constructors, Functions, Types, etc. A ZObject consists of a set of Key/Value pairs, with each Key appearing only once per ZObject and Values being ZObjects.