Affiliate Chairpersons meeting November 24 - 25, 2018
Location: Wikimedia Česká republika, Slovenská 1705/21, Praha 2, 120 00.
Date/time: November 24 - 25, 2018 from 9:30 to 18:00 hrs
- Frans Grijzenhout, chair Wikimedia Netherlands
- Susanna Mkrtchyan, Chair Wikimedia Armenia
- Itzik Edri, chair Wikimedia Israel
- Laurentius (talk), chair of Wikimedia Italia
- Philip Kopetzky (talk), vice-chair of Wikimedia Austria
- Tim Moritz, chair of Wikimedia Deutschland
- Hogne Neteland, Chair of the Board - Wikimedia Norge
- Pierre-Yves Beaudouin, chair Wikimedia France
- Vojtěch Dostál, chair Wikimedia Czech Republic
- Geert Van Pamel (WMBE) (talk) 18:05, 15 September 2018 (UTC), chair Wikimedia Belgium
- Biyanto Rebin, chair of Wikimedia Indonesia
- Santiago Navarro Sanz, chair of Wikimedia Spain
- Josie Fraser, chair Wikimedia UK
- Mattias Blomgren, chair Wikimedia Sverige
- Michał Buczyński, chair of Wikimedia Polska
- Yulianna Tsaruk, board member, representative of Wikimedia Ukraine
- Nataliia Tymkiv, board member, chair of the BGC, Wikimedia Foundation
Aboubacarkhoraa (talk), chair of Wikimedia Guinea Conakry
Moderator: Koenraad Van Brabant
Day 1 - Saturday 24 November 2018, 9:30 - 18:00
Morning session: Effective & accountable board. Leadership & followship
Afternoon session: Team dynamics, interpersonal skills
Evening: social dinner with all the participants
At 18:30 we will meet at Vinohradsky Parlament restaurant (Korunní 1 120 00 Praha 2 – Vinohrady) for a group dinner. (Dinner is included in the participation fee).
Day 2 - Sunday 25 November 2018, 9:00 - 17:00
Morning session: Effective meetings, Failures and how to continue
Afternoon session: Financing across the network
- Main session: Financing across the network – facilitated discussion, possibly with some small group work to enable greater inclusion and reduce language barriers. Input for discussion
- Last session: What next? Looking back on our two-days, and closure
Please note that Czechia is not a part of the Euro zone. 100 Czech Koruna is about 4 euro's or 4,50 dollars. A typical price of a beer is 25-40 Czech Koruna and you can have a dinner in most places for 100-200 Czech Koruna.
Participant Fee is 150 Euro. Fees are to be paid to the following account of Wikimedia Czech Republic:
- IBAN: CZ0720100000002400498636
- BIC/SWIFT: FIOBCZPPXXX
- Bank name: Fio banka, a.s
- Bank address: V Celnici 1028/10, 117 21, Praha 1, Czech Republic
- Please state your full name and organization in the "Note for Recipient"
Wikimedia Czech Republic will send you a receipt to your e-mail once we process the payments.
The meeting will take place in the offices of Wikimedia Czechia, Slovenská 1705/21, Praha 2, 120 00.
- Getting there
- It will take you about 30 minutes from the Central Railway Station by metro line C and then tram number 4 or 22.
- Travelling from the airport will take about 60 minutes. You can use Uber or take a bus number 119 to "Nádraží Veleslavín" metro station, transfer to metro line A, go to Náměstí Míru, from which you can walk or take tram number 4 or 22.
Exchanging money at the airport is not recommended due to very poor exchange rates.
- Czech Inn (tourist hotel but nice) - website, booking.com (5 min on foot from the venue, breakfast included)
- Family Lorenz and Coffee House (small calm hotel but will less amenities) - website, booking.com (5 min on footfrom the venue, café available in the building)
- Hotel Claris (*** hotel) - website, booking.com (8 min on foot from the venue, breakfast included)
- La Fenice (**** hotel) - website, booking.com (8 min on footfrom the venue, breakfast included)
You have to make a reservation by yourself. Credit cards are accepted. Another option is AirBnb, or just browse Booking.com for more offers in the vicinity of the venue.