Affiliations Committee/Resolutions/Algeria Wikimedians User Group - Liaison approval, October 2014
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Recognizing Wikimedia User Groups is the responsibility of the Affiliations Committee;
- Two members of the Affiliations Committee assigned as liaisons to a Wikimedia User Group application may initially approve the application for up to one year;
- The application of Algeria Wikimedians User Group (a.k.a. WikiDZ) has been reviewed by the Affiliations Committee and was discussed on their Meta page and its application page on Meta;
- The scope of the group, which can be found on their meta page, is "to promote the Wikimedia Foundation and its projects in Algeria. One of its core missions is to aid and encourage people to collect, develop and disseminate knowledge and other educational, cultural and historic content in the public domain or other licenses that allows everyone to freely using the knowledge, distribute and modify that said content."; and
- It is the opinion of the Affiliations Committee liaisons assigned to this application that the group meets the requirements for Wikimedia User Group status.
Therefore be it
- resolved that Algeria Wikimedians User Group is recognized as a Wikimedia User Group for a one-year, renewable, period that becomes effective when the Wikimedia User Group agreement is signed.
- Algeria Wikimedians User Group
- Wikimedia User Group requirements
- Wikimedia User Group approval process
Resolution passed with 2 votes in favor, 0 votes against, 0 abstentions, 0 votes not cast, on 01 November 2014.