Affiliations Committee/Resolutions/Recognition of Kurdish Wikimedians User Group
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Recognizing Wikimedia User Groups is the responsibility of the Affiliations Committee;
- Kurdish Wikimedians User Group has submitted an application for recognition, which has been reviewed by the Affiliations Committee;
- The scope of the group, which can be found on their meta page, is " to increase the Kurdish presence on the Wikimedia projects"; by helping contributors from all Kurdish Wikimedia projects to organize and collaborate. Also by promoting the use of Kurdish languages and dialects by organizing events both online and in-person. They also want to help the world to get to know more about the Kurds and strengthen their connections by sharing free knowledge.
- Application Review
- With regard to Kurdish Wikimedians User Group's application for user group status and criteria:
- At least 3 active Wikimedia editors: CRITERION MET
- Focus advances Wikimedia: CRITERION MET
- Mission aligned with Wikimedia Foundation: CRITERION MET
- Compliance with naming guidelines and trademark policy: CRITERION MET
- Information about group published on a Wikimedia wiki: CRITERION MET
- Plans for activities or efforts to advance Wikimedia projects: CRITERION MET
- Allows new members: CRITERION MET
- Two designated contacts for Wikimedia Foundation: CRITERION MET
- It is the opinion of the Affiliations Committee that the group meets the requirements for Wikimedia User Group status.
- Therefore be it resolved that Kurdish Wikimedians User Group is recognized as a Wikimedia User Group for a one-year, renewable period, effective on 10 October 2020.