User talk:MKaur (WMF)
Welcome to Meta!
User group count
Inquiry about registration of Igbo Wikimedians User Group as Igbo Wikimedians Organizations
Hi MKaur, Trust you've been safe. We're in the process of registering Igbo Wikimedians User Group as a Not for Profit in Nigeria and the Cooperate Affairs Commission rejected the name ending in User Group as it doesn't meet the Not for Profit name registration requirements.
We intend to instead try registering it as "Igbo Wikimedians Organizations"
So I would like to find out if this will affect us as a User Group. Suggestions, advice and guidance on how to go about this name structure will be appreciated.
Help needed over comments (Question) from a member of the Affiliations Committee.
Hi Manavpreet I hope this find you well. Am writing to you to ask help or clarity over the comments made on Open Heritage Foundation's talk page by Basak, we tried to reach out and find out if it is possible to share with us where the use of trademark is so we rectify it. As it stands, the group hasn't used WMF's trademark since it hasn't received a UG status. Best regards Communication office. --Isaac Kanguya✌ (talk) 06:46, 17 February 2021 (UTC)
- Hi Isaac Kanguya✌, The Open Heritage Foundation had earlier introduced them as a thematic organization which was later rectified. Basak wanted to ask for this rectification, but somehow missed checking the page updates. There are no trademark concerns. -MKaur (WMF) (talk) 19:31, 17 February 2021 (UTC)
Re: Notification of User Group Expiration - Renewal pending submission of reporting
Here is the link to the 2020 report: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedistas_de_Per%C3%BA/Reports/2020
In case there is something pending please let me know.
- Ovruni, Thank you for submitting the report. I have updated the affiliate's compliance status.
MKaur (WMF) (talk) 19:45, 13 March 2021 (UTC)
Update contacts for US-GAP group
Hi Manavpreet, how do I update the contacts for a user group, Georgia Piedmont Wikipedians (US-GAP)? I would like to remove TLSuda and add @Jenniferjuniper: as a primary contact. Ganeshk (talk) 22:33, 15 May 2021 (UTC)
- Also, Jennifer updated the reports pages and I have uploaded the activity to the affiliates portal. Can you please update our group's affiliation? Thanks, Ganeshk (talk) 22:34, 15 May 2021 (UTC)
- @Temp3600:, Can you please specify which mailing list you are referring to?-MKaur (WMF) (talk) 16:01, 21 June 2021 (UTC)
Greetings from pinayuanan (Paiwan) community
Please check your email
Dear Manavpreet. Can you please check your email for messages from @inbox.ru address? It requires urgent attention within hours & I'm concerned it was marked as spam. Thanks --Folow Up Asap (talk) 07:21, 24 September 2021 (UTC)
Wikimedia Digitizaion User Group Request
Dear MKaur (WMF),
Can you please reactivate our user group because the CC-Zero-Project as a part of this group will continue his work in the end of January 2022. Because of the Covid-19 pandemic situation we didn't have budget for 2020/21. At the moment I work with a very low budget financed by myself and planned to ask for a rapid grant. I have reported the planned work in January 2022. Thank you -Namrood (talk) 22:02, 10 January 2021 (UTC)
- Hi Namrood, The affiliate status of the group lapsed in 2021 because of Non-compliance to affiliate agreement in terms of not submitting the affiliate's Annual activity report. I am sorry, but the only provision for the groups to attain the affiliate status is submitting a new application for User group recognition. Regards-MKaur (WMF) (talk) 21:55, 15 January 2022 (UTC)