Affiliations Committee/Resolutions/Renewal Shared Knowledge 2016
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Recognizing Wikimedia User Groups is the responsibility of the Affiliations Committee;
- On 20 February, 2015, Shared Knowledge of Macedonia was recognized as Wikimedia User Group by the Affiliations Committee for a term of 1 year that finished on 20 February 2016;
- The affiliation requirements for Wikimedia User Groups include annual renewal based on the annual activities report submitted by the group.
- The group reported activities via several programs and projects in their first year including:
WikiCrafts, somewhat a GLAM project to illustrate craftsmen tools, explain them, and share their history
- Skopje Zoo A content generation and QRpedia project involving the Zoo and the University of South-East Europe in Tetovo.
- Wikimedian-in-Residence at National Archives of the Republic of Macedonia (DARM): A placement at the National Archives of the Republic of Macedonia (DARM) since June 2015 to improve the presence of archival heritage of Macedonia on Wikipedia and its sister projects.
- A growing educational program with three institutional partners,
- In addition the group participated in two International Events with three attending Wikimania 2015 in Mexico City and two attending the CEE meeting in Estonia
- The current status and work performed by Shared Knowledge of Macedonia have been reviewed by the Affiliations Committee;
- They have fulfilled the minimum requirements to retain their status as a Wikimedia User Group;
- The Affiliations Committee has determined that the Wikimedia User Group satisfies the requirements for renewal of its status as an affiliate.
- Therefore be it resolved that the Wikimedia User Group status of Shared Knowledge of Macedonia is hereby renewed for an additional one-year term through 20 February 2017.