Affiliations Committee/Resolutions/Renewals/Wikimedians of Nepal - June 2014/ne
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Recognizing Wikimedia User Groups is the responsibility of the Affiliations Committee;
- In May 2013, Wikimedians of Nepal was recognized as Wikimedia User Group by Affiliations Committee for a term of 1 year that finished on May 28, 2014.
- Wikimedians of Nepal User group has requested the renewal of recognition for another year;
- The current status and work developed by Wikimedians of Nepal has been reviewed by the Affiliations Committee and was discussed on their annual report Meta page;
- They keep the minimum requirements to be a Wikimedia User Group and have been developing programmatic work for a year.
- It is the opinion of the Affiliations Committee that the group meets the requirements for renewing the Wikimedia User Group status;
- A user group may later be recognized as a chapter or a thematic organization if it meets the additional requirements for another year.
- Therefore be it:
- resolved that Wikimedia user group status of Wikimedians of Nepal is renewed for another one-year period from 28 May, 2014 ending 28 May, 2015.
- At the end of the recognition period, the group may apply for the recognition as a chapter or a thematic organization.
The Affiliations Committee recommends to Wikimedians of Nepal User Group to pay more attention to documentation of activities and improve those practices related to keep a public record of their works.