Community Wishlist Survey 2019/Citations/Add Template:Cite Thesis to VisualEditor Citation Tool
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The survey has concluded. Here are the results!
- Problem: The Citation tool does not allow editors to cite theses visually using the "Manual" tab. Note that a Cite thesis template already exists.
- Who would benefit: Editors, particularly those who don't know about the template.
- Proposed solution: Add a "Thesis" option to the "Manual tab" that is powered by the Cite thesis template.
- More comments:
- Phabricator tickets:
- Proposer: Batreeq (talk) 06:37, 11 November 2018 (UTC)
- It's just change in interface message. Ask locally. I don't thinks it is in Community Tech scope. --Wargo (talk) 21:36, 16 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 03:48, 17 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support ديفيد عادل وهبة خليل 2 (talk) 10:55, 17 November 2018 (UTC)
- Oppose Many editors do not understand what a thesis is, and even more have no access to the ProQuest database where most of them reside. Allowing it as a choice I'm afraid would garner more false entries from confused editors than actual entries. 23:02, 17 November 2018 (UTC)
- Oppose This does not seem like an improvement to me, and I cite theses a fair amount. The appropriate way to do this is start with cite journal and change to cite thesis using the source code. There are dozens of citation templates, adding them all to the interface would not help. Catrìona (talk) 06:26, 18 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Novak Watchmen (talk) 00:11, 21 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Sahaquiel9102 (talk) 17:13, 23 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Abujoy (talk) 13:51, 25 November 2018 (UTC)