Community Wishlist Survey 2019/Wikidata/Link labels/aliases of Q-items to lexemes
The survey has concluded. Here are the results!
- Problem: There is no easy way to navigate from Q-items to their connected L-items
- Who would benefit: All wikidata editors, specially those working with lexicographical data.
- Proposed solution: it would be nice to have a script or gadget that converts the labels/aliases of a Q-item into links to L-items that are connected with "item for this sense (P5137)". So basically what it should do is to see if the text of any of the forms of the linked L-items matches 1-to-1 with any of the label/aliases of the Q-item for that language, and if it does, it should convert the text of the label/alias into a link to the L-item.
- More comments: Normally there should be only one exact match per label, but there is at least a known exeption: both "gwenn (L30900)" (noun) and "gwenn (L30901)" (adjective) link to "white (Q23444)". For cases like this it would be nice if the additional L-items are linked with a superindex if possible, if not then it is ok to just link one of them for a first version.
- Phabricator tickets:
- Proposer: Micru (talk) 10:19, 7 November 2018 (UTC)
There is a team with six developers, a engineering manager, a product manager and a liaison devoted to lexicographical data. This proposal is addressed to Tech Team, so on which aspect of your proposal do you think Tech team can help? Noé (talk) 16:36, 17 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Libcub (talk) 11:36, 17 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support ديفيد عادل وهبة خليل 2 (talk) 11:43, 17 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support but why should that be a gadget? Shisma (talk) 12:26, 17 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Micru (talk) 16:20, 17 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 02:16, 18 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Novak Watchmen (talk) 15:07, 21 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support GAllegre (talk) 13:58, 27 November 2018 (UTC)