ESEAP Hub/Idea Cafe
Find colleagues and volunteers in ESEAP communities.
Community meeting notes and outtakes
The idea cafe is a place to share ideas or initiatives as well as experiences. Go ahead and create a new section!
On one side, we can have country-to-country collaboration (the most conventional one). But we can also change this point of view to be collaboration with countries that share the same official language (or its subdivision for some), thus a joint collaboration of particular language version of Wikipedia. The language listed here are official language only so far (there might be other spoken language by a sizable community of a particular country/region), listed from the most used as official language by countries/regions listed in the ESEAP.
Official languages used by more than one country
- English: Australia, Hong Kong, Malaysia (Sarawak), New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Singapore
- Mandarin: China, Taiwan, Singapore
- Malay: Brunei, Malaysia, Singapore
- Korean: China (Jilin), North Korea, South Korea
- Cantonese: Hong Kong, Macau
- Mongolian: China (Inner Mongolia), Mongolia
- Portuguese: East Timor, Macau
Official languages used by one country
- Burmese: Myanmar
- Indonesian: Indonesia
- Japanese: Japan
- Khmer: Cambodia
- Lao: Laos
- Maori: New Zealand
- Filipino/Tagalog: Philippines
- Tetum: East Timor
- Thai: Thailand
- Vietnamese: Vietnam