- If you are attending GLAM TLV 2018 and require a visa, Wikimedia Israel or the Wikimedia Foundation can provide you with a letter to support your visa application.
- If you require a supporting letter, please contact GLAM2018@wikimedia.org.il.
- We recommend starting all visa application processes as soon as possible and allowing sufficient time prior to your departure.
- 1 No visa required
- 2 Visa required
- 3 Visas for Middle Eastern Countries (other than Egypt and Jordan)
- 4 Footnotes
No visa required
Holders of passports of the following 96 countries do not require a visa for Israel for a maximum stay of 3 months for tourism:
North America & the Caribbean
- Dominican Republic
- Saint Lucia
- St. Vincent & the Grenadines
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United States
Central & South America
- Costa Rica
- El Salvador
- - All member states of the European Union
- Macedonia (F.Y.R.)
- San Marino
Citizens of the following countries are required to get a visa in one of Israel's consulates around the world. Visa issuing costs US$ 21 / € 15 / ₪ 80
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Rep. of Congo
- Dem. Rep. of Congo
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Equatorial Guinea
- The Gambia
- São Tomé and Príncipe
- Sierra Leone
- Burma (Myanmar)
- China (People's Rep. of)
- Rep. of China (Taiwan)
- Korea, North
- Saudi Arabia
- Sri Lanka
- United Arab Emirates
Visas for Middle Eastern Countries (other than Egypt and Jordan)
The greatest difficulties are presented by visitors from Iraq, Iran, Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Yemen and Afghanistan.
There are some other countries that technically do not allow their citizens to visit Israel, but don't mind much if they do, as long as they keep low profile while in Israel (e.g. Saudi Arabia, Algeria, Indonesia, Pakistan, Gulf states). International conferences are held in Israel quite often, occasionally with attendees from the aforementioned countries.
In all cases the organizing teams did their best to extend help, and this time won't be an exception.
A request for a visa may be filed through someone in Israel, in a third nearby country (for example - in Thailand or Hong Kong), or by mail through another country (through the US for example). Once the visa is obtained, entrance and exit from Israel is allowed. It should take about three weeks to process the visa application and costs about $21. As mentioned passports are not stamped in order to avoid causing problems to the guest when he gets back home.
We believe that given enough time in advance, we can assist in arranging visas for most if not all major participants who wish to attend the conference, and suggest that registration begin six months in advance.
A visa is also not required for Egyptians for stays of up to 14 days if entering through Taba, Egypt.
Citizens of the following countries require a confirmation from Jerusalem before a visa is issued:
Afghanistan, Algeria, Bahrain, Eritrea, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Malaysia, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Somalia, Sudan, Tunisia, UAE and Yemen.
Important note: If your flight is not direct, please make sure you have a valid transit visa - if required - for the country in which you land on your way to Tel Aviv. This is relevant mainly for nationals of some African countries who will have a connection flight at a European airport. More information is available here.
- Visa arrangements should start long time in advance. Organizers will provide assistance if required.
- A visa is also not required for Egyptians for stays of up to 14 days if entering through Taba, Egypt.
- Restrictions on visiting Israel incorporated in the local Malaysian law are irrelevant to the process of visa application. If visa is granted by the Israeli authorities, visiting Israel is possible, though might be considered a violation of the Malaysian local law.