GLAMTLV2018/Submissions/Impact and potential of structured data on Wikimedia projects for the GLAM sector
|This is an Open submission for GLAM TLV Conference 2018 that has not yet been reviewed by the members of the Program Committee.|
- Submission no. 38
- Title of the submission
- Impact and potential of structured data on Wikimedia projects for the GLAM sector
- Author(s) of the submission
- Sandra Fauconnier - User:SandraF (WMF)
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Wikimedia Foundation
- Type of session
- Length of session
- 30 minutes, on Sunday.
- Ideal number of attendees
- 100 (GLAM staff)
This session for a general audience of GLAM professionals provides an overview of how structured data on Wikimedia projects (Wikidata, Structured Data on Commons) provides value for GLAM institutions, including:
- Wikidata as a platform and hub for Linked Open Data (LODLAM);
- Wikidata as a multilingual hub for GLAM vocabularies and authority files;
- Wikidata and Commons as platforms for dialogue and collaboration with worldwide communities, providing many new opportunities for discovery of collections, enrichment and re-use.
The presentation will include examples of existing, inspiring GLAM-Wiki projects around the world that integrate structured data.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- At the end of this session, attendees from the GLAM sector will have a clear understanding of the role that structured data on Wikimedia projects can play for their own collections.
- Attendees from the GLAM sector will have a basic understanding of what makes structured data on our projects unique, including the community-building aspects, and on how to get in touch with Wikimedians to initiate such projects.
- Slides or further information
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest.