Grants:IdeaLab/Stop the Mad Erasers
What is the problem you're trying to solve?
Some of Wikipedia Portuguese editors are "mad erasers" who think everything is a spam. We need to stop them trolling Wikipedia. Portugueses Wikipedia must grow, too!
What is your solution?
If an editor thinks a page must be erased, first the creator must be contacted and may be given a chance to manifest about it. Then a team of editors should vote if the page really should be erased or not.
- Advisor I was C.C.B. South Africa Owl Sector Section 9 and 10 JSE/SAFEX MIFM South Africa
Please see www.facebook/gregoryivan.vissie R.S.A. I.D. 660222 5189 080 become 008 if I become a German Citizen. I am still Operative but have a number of abilities that are not close to being covered.
I am good. How can u tell? I am still Alive and sane, well not according to Law, but I am fixing that.
It is very complicated involves most secret Societies, Yoga and Magick.
It is Kool and it is real, but I have enough heavy lifting to do so I don't need to write more referenced material
AI is already here but the Kids are not getting it because apps are blinding them. It is like the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, 1984. etc but far far worse.
I Gnosis is for all, not jut the Elite, it has always been manipulated but it is getting worse unless we open up the lid of Pandora's Box .
- Wikipedia is not paper. There is no hard limit on its growth. If it is to continue growing, new material must be included, and the notability guideline progressively relaxed. Editors that trim "excessive" material often do not realize that what was excessive 3 or 5 years ago is no longer excessive now. Freederick (talk) 12:23, 10 June 2016 (UTC)
- The Spanish Wikipedia is notorious for this. I know some Wikipedia have editing groups on Facebook that help each other find sources to "keep" an article. Note: in English Wikipedia they are called "deletionists", from "delete", but the "Mad Erasers" translation gives me a smile.—Neotarf (talk) 00:52, 11 June 2016 (UTC)
- There is a related problem on Portuguese Wikipedia here: Grants:IdeaLab/Recognize the new users. Education tag on entries done in an educational initiative —Neotarf (talk) 02:33, 11 June 2016 (UTC)
- there was also article rescue squadron on english, and i heard the same complaint about german. people got burned out. and the deletionist crowd moved the process to AfC "permission" model, rather than "trial" balance of RfD, since they could not get pending changes. i do not think on-wiki organizing will work, although we should spread the tools around. rather i think we will have to organize content creators off-wiki, and then act in a coordinated way. Slowking4 (talk) 22:00, 15 June 2016 (UTC)
Expand your idea
Would a grant from the Wikimedia Foundation help make your idea happen? You can expand this idea into a grant proposal.