Metlaoui is small village in the south of Tunisia, Wikipedia School will be a new wikimedia initiative to increase active wikipedia user in the village and Tunisia, The School will give courses of wikipedia in collaboration withe high school of Ibn Mandhour.
- First step: We will organise a presentation about the project in the high school with teachers
- Second step: we will select a 4 team composed of 10 best students of the high school, that students will selected by their teachers.
- Third Step: all team will get a eight Sessions about wikipedia workshop, wikimedia commons and wikidata.this sessions will be done During a period of 3 months
- Fourth Step :all students will have a exam about wikipedia and the best 20 Students Will attend a five days camp about wikipedia
- fifth Step: a Camp of Wikipedia will be organised for five days to increase the numbers wikipedia articles
What is the problem you're trying to solve?
Increase the number of new young users wikipedia
What is your solution?
Study wikipedia like other subjects in high school, and increase the motivation to edit wikipedia, As part of this project we will reserve a space near the highschool of Ibn Mandhour , and this space will be equipped with laptop, internet and resources to edit wikipedia, and it will open 8 hours per days for students to edit wikipedia in their Free time
Who will you be doing outreach with?
High School Ibn Mandhour in Metlaoui
About the idea creator
I am Olfa Yakoubi from Metlaoui a small town in the south of Tunisia, Member of Wikimedia TN user group and editor of arbic wikipedia
- Volunteer Hello
I am a retired teacher in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I am willing to help with English grammar, syntax, flow, context and idea development.
I may be contacted at email@example.com if you would like my help with editing.
I noticed a tiny error with your introduction. The section "Tunisia,Where will create a class to study wikipedia For students aged 15 to 18" should read 'Tunisia, where we will create a class to study wikipedia For students aged 15 to 18'
I look forward to hearing from you.
- Volunteer I live in Tunisia and I will help to take part of the project Touzrimounir (talk) 12:20, 8 February 2017 (UTC)
Expand your idea
Would a grant from the Wikimedia Foundation help make your idea happen? You can expand this idea into a grant proposal.
No funding needed?
Does your idea not require funding, but you're not sure about what to do next? Not sure how to start a proposal on your local project that needs consensus? Contact Chris Schilling on-wiki at I JethroBT (WMF) (talk · contribs) or via e-mail at cschillingwikimedia.org for help!