Grants:PEG/Museology Lab/MemoArt project event
- Fulfilling MemoArt project event equals the engagement of the local community of Corfu in creating the theoretical and visual testimonies of their intangible cultural heritage with the aid of the Museology Laboratory of the Department of Archive, Library Sciences and Museology and the Department of Audio and Visual Arts of the Ionian University. The genuine testimonies of intangible cultural heritage as past through one generation to the next will be edited from the scientifically trained personnel and students of the University.
- MemoArt project has already accomplished a series of activities in order to raise public awareness regarding intangible cultural heritage, such as: educational programmes in Gymnasium and Lyceum schools; workshops of fine, performing and multimedia arts; and day-conference entitled “Intangible Heritage and Cultural Identity”. Currently, the MemoArt project competition is receiving participations from youngsters. Every resident of Corfu, aged between 12 to 30 years old, can submit their personal testimony of intangible cultural heritage. All participations will be presented and the wining will be awarded at an event on September 23rd, 2016. Thereinafter, the material gathered from the MemoArt project will be edited from volunteer students of the Department of Archive, Library Sciences and Museology and the Department of Audio and Visual Arts of the Ionian University, so as them to be published in Wikimedia projects.
- The main target group is youngsters aged between 12 to 30 years old. Specifically, pupils and students that are interested in heritage and arts and want to actively participate in shaping their culture and expressing themselves through various forms of arts. Despite the main target group, the entire local community will be influenced by this initiative. Furthermore, the material that will be published would be an auxiliary tool for those interested in heritage, arts, culture and tradition, as well as tourist that are willing to visit one of the most famous Greek islands.
Fit with strategy
What crucial thing will the project try to change or benefit in the Wikimedia movement? Please select the Wikimedia strategic priority(ies) that your project most directly aims to impact and explain how your project fits. Most projects fit all strategic priorities. However, we would like project managers to focus their efforts on impacting 1–2 strategic priorities. Examples of strategic priorities can be found here.
- MemoArt project aims at Increasing quality. After collecting all the material, university professors, researchers and students of the Department of Archive, Library Sciences and Museology and the Department of Audio and Visual Arts of the Ionian University, will edit existing links or create new wherever necessary, in order anyone interested will be able to access accurate information. Moreover, the aforementioned group of people, especially students, will be triggered to actively participate in relevant Wikimedia projects, beyond MemoArt project.
Measures of success
Please provide a list of both quantitative and qualitative criteria that will be used to determine how successful the project is. You will need to report on the success of the project according to these measures after the project is completed. See the PEG program resources for suggested measures of success.
- According to the initial feedback and the amount and quality of volunteers and staff MemoArt project has already, the criteria of success are:
- over 100 people to be engaged at the event and over 20 students, professors, etc. to voluntarily work for the articles (approximately 150 people)
- 30 new or updated articles in Wikipedia in Greek, English and French (90 in total)
- 50 new or updated articles in Wiktionary in Greek, English and French (150 in total)
- 30 photographs of high quality, plus 100 photographs and 20 videos in Wikimedia Commons
- 15 edits in Wikiversity in Greek
All material concern arts, heritage, intangible culture and tradition of Corfu island. The material will be of free license CC-by-SA 4.0 and will be developed in collaboration with the Greek Wikimedia community.
Note: In addition to your project-specific measures of success, you will also be asked to report on some global metrics at the end of your final report. Please keep this in mind as you plan, and we'll support you as you begin your project.
Resources and risks
- MemoArt project initially is based on human resources; the academic staff, the volunteers-students and of course the youngsters of the local community. In addition, technological resources are necessary for editing and processing the multimedia material. Finally, financial resources are crucial for the success completion of the MemoArt project.
- Intangible Cultural Heritage is a sensitive data that may arose extremist right wind expressions. Moreover, the expression through art should be free for everyone, if only it does not insult good, aesthetic, social etc. morals. In order to avoid these, all material will be reviewed by a legal and heritage committee. Moreover, due to the unstable socio-financial situation in Europe in general and in Greece in particular may arose some risks that cannot be foreseen and for which we cannot prepare ourselves.
Grantees are subject to line-item scrutiny of expenses. Changes to the approved budget beyond 10% in any category must be approved in advance.
|Category||Description||Units||Cost/unit||Total Amount||Amount requested|
|1||Project Manager (full-time)||coordination of the entire project (Sept.-March)*||1||2,480.00€||2,480.00€||500.00€|
|2||Project Manager (part-time)||coordination of the entire project||1||1,240.00€||1,240.00€||-|
|3||Event Coordinator||for the event on September 23rd||1||500.00€||500.00€||-|
|4||Legal Representative||for the Competition's terms of participations and for the review of all rights and morals||1||740.00€||740.00€||-|
|5||Travel & Accommodation||8 people (5 for the event on September and 3 until March) need to travel to Corfu. For each it has been calculated 100€ for travel and 100€ for accommodation expenses||8||200.00€||1600.00€||200.00€|
|6||Transportation||Volunteers will need to travel around Corfu, or on the islets that are located around it for in situ research||10||50.00€||500.00€||100.00€|
|7||Graphic Designer||project based for the posters and other promotional material||1||372.00€||372.00€||372.00€|
|8||Posters||promotion of the event||50||1,24€||62.00€||62.00€|
|9||Promotional Material||promotion of the event||250||0.50€||125.00€||-|
|10||Pins||for the volunteers and the organising team||100||2.00€||200.00€||100.00€|
|11||T-shirts||for the volunteers and the organising team||25||12.00€||300.00€||200.00€|
|12||Film editor||project based for the material that will be used at the event||1||620.00€||620.00€||-|
|13||Participation Certificates||for all participants||100||1.49€||149.00€||70.00€|
|14||Awards||for the 2 winning teams (category 1: 12-18y.o. and category 2: 18-30y.o.)||2||62.00€||124.00€||80.00€|
|15||Adults' prize||a day sailing trip around Corfu island and the neighboring islets. Expenses calculated: boat rent, skipper, food and beverage and tour guide||1||1,200.00€||1,200.00€||200.00€|
|16||Teenagers' prize||a treasure hunt and meal on an inhabited islet. Expenses calculated: boat transfer, hunt design and supplies, food and beverage.||1||800.00€||800.00€||500.00€|
|17||Presents for the judging committee||The 7 members will receive a present for their offer with local products||7||60.00€||420.00€||-|
|18||Amphitheater||rent expenses for the event||1||500.00€||500.00€||-|
|19||Set of Technical supplies||speakers, microphones, projector||1||250.00€||250.00€||-|
|20||Sound Engineer||day fee||1||62.00€||62.00€||62.00€|
|21||Scene Technician||day fee||1||62.00€||62.00€||62.00€|
- The project manager will be responsible for the entire project. In September he/she will organise the event. Within his/her duties will be the coordination of the volunteers and the groups that will work on the material gathered, in order them to update existing articles or create new in all languages mentioned above until March, according to Wikimedia requirements.
- Total cost of project
- The total cost of the project amounts 12,306.00€
- Total amount requested from the Project and Event Grants program
- Total amount requested from the Project and Event Grants Program: 2,428.00€
- Additional sources of revenue that may fund part of this project, and amounts funded
- Additional sources of revenue, other than the Project and Event Grants Program, that may fund part of this project, and amounts funded.
In total 9,878.00€ have been covered from the University, in-kind donations, volunteer work and self-funds.
See a description of non-financial assistance available. Please inform the Wikimedia Foundation (WMF) of any requests for non-financial assistance now.
- Requests for non-financial assistance, if any
- PLACEHOLDER TEXT
You are responsible for notifying relevant communities of your proposal, so that they can help you! Depending on your project, notification may be most appropriate on a village pump, talk page, mailing list. Please paste a link below to where the relevant communities have been notified of this proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions. Need notification tips?
- PLACEHOLDER TEXT
Do you think this project should be selected for a Project and Event Grant? Please add your name and rationale for endorsing this project in the list below. Other feedback, questions or concerns from community members are also highly valued, but please post them on the talk page of this proposal.