Grants:PEG/Shipmaster - Community of Arabic Wikipedia/Producer Prize-2013
- Legal name of chapter or nonchapter group
- Community of Arabic Wikipedia
- Grant contact name
- Grant contact username or email
- shipmaster(a)gmail.com (a)=@
- Grant contact title (position)
- Project lead name
- Project lead username or email
- slowclick(a)gmail.com (a)=@
- Project lead title (position), if any
- Full project name
- Producer Prize (جائزة المنتج jaizat al-muntej)
- Amount requested (in USD)
- Provisional target start date
- Jan, 1st, 2013
- Provisional completion date
- Dec, 31, 2013
The prize is granted half-annually to the top 3 contributors.
- First Prize : USD 500
- Second Prize : USD 250
- Third Prize : USD 100
- Transfer fees : USD 50
- half-annually : 500 + 250 + 100 + 50 = USD 900
- Re-allocated from an existing grant : USD 575
- Total : (900 * 2) - 575 = USD 1,225
The proposed prize has been running on a trial period over the last one year and a half, using donations collected from local contributors from the Community of Arabic Wikipedia. During the trial period, prospect contributors were invited from among existing contributors in Arabic Wikipedia by posting invitations on their talk pages. After the success of the trail period to produce high quality contents, as well as to maintain experienced users to contribute to Arabic Wikipdia, the prize committee is planning to open the contribution on larger scale by advertizing it on the main page. For this purpose, stable financing is required in order to promote the credibility of the prize.
Producer Prize states three goals on its main page: 1- Promote the quality and quantity of Arabic contents on the web within the scope of Wikimedia Foundation projects. 2- The prize is intended to grant a monetary prize to outstanding contributors as an incentive, for the purpose to maintain their continuous contribution to related projects. 3- The prize aims to promote competition among contributors to reach the best quality of contents.
Fit to strategy
- The prize will be advertized on the main page which is supposed to attract new editors into the project
- The prize is granted to the most outstanding contributors to both the quantity and quality of contents.
- The competitive nature of the prize is expected to increase the level of commitment toward the project by existing users.
Measures of success
Looking at the previous rounds we aim for the year 2013 to achieve the following as measure of our success.
- 20 submissions
- 1000 new articles
- 10 Featured contents
- 200 photos